• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

An honest mistake?

Hi gang,

Recently a new hit music station entered my neck of the woods.
One of the medthods of promotion for the station was to advertise on public transportation.

That's fine, but at least 3 times now, on 3 different busses, on 3 different bus routes the ads that reads "Your hit music station" were posted in the bus backwards!

Although MOST of the ads ARE proplery placed inside the busses, was the backwards ad simply an accident, or was it delebrate creative advertising designed to better get your attention?

Was the backward sign that you saw on the front of a bus - which would read correctly in a rear-view mirror?

SirRoxalot said:
Was the backward sign that you saw on the front of a bus - which would read correctly in a rear-view mirror?

Strangely, NO it was inside! Good thinking though!

Yeziknoradio said:
SirRoxalot said:

Strangely, NO it was inside! Good thinking though!

For it to be an "honest mistake" the signs would have had to pass several sets of eyes (the station GM, the printer, and the bus company--at least) before being posted. And all of those folks would have had to say "It looks great!" without noticing that it was backwards.

So, yes, you're undoubtedly right in thinking that it was done deliberately to attract attention.

And it worked. It got yours!

redneckriviera said:
And it worked. It got yours!

I'm not listening though. I'm still locked into station down the dial.
I figure the music is too much the same so why bother switching?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom