• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

American top 40 during the 70's and 80's on local radio

There are so many legal issues, ranging from trademarks to music licensing that this won't happen for a very narrow interest group.

Remember, when "WKRP" first came out on commercial DVDs they substituted generic music for the actual hits used in the TV show. Horrible, but the result of legalities.

Those of us who wanted "real" WKRP episodes had to buy pirate recordings.
Or watch/record the episodes on OTA diginets like Antenna TV or ME-TV or whoever is airing WKRP at the moment.
That appears to be the "loophole" for music license issues as far as WKRP goes.
Master tape rebroadcasts of WKRP over the air can be aired with the original music intact.

Or watch/record the episodes on OTA diginets like Antenna TV or ME-TV or whoever is airing WKRP at the moment.
Man, that was like two decades later!
It was not in the 80's and 90's, however.
Master tape rebroadcasts of WKRP over the air can be aired with the original music intact.
Now, but not for several decades. I never got to see the originals as I was in Puerto Rico where the show did not run. Had to wait for the pirate tapes.

God, I couldn't wait for the next new weekly installment of the Federated Group ads.

Unhinged, outrageous and sublime.

Purely outstanding marketing.
If it were a dud there wouldn't be tons of Youtube videos heralding it.

EVERYBODY LAUGH!

Genius stuff.

Shadoe's still at it. He'll turn 78 in a little over six months, and he's turned his outrageousness to a theater-of-the-mind podcast:

The more recent Shoutcast DVD series has about 85% of the original music restored, and even when they had to use generic music, the choices were better

Back
Top Bottom