• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Amazing satellite information database for Google Earth

Hi all,

I came here to ask if anyone knew the latitude, longitude, and elevation of AMC-8 so I could put a placemark for it on my Google Earth.

Then as I finished that sentence, I was like hmmm I wonder if there's a list for them all..?

Then I was like, well wait...geeks being what we are, somebody has probably already done thi......and then I changed this post from a question to a show-n-tell. lol =0)

So I found this. It's phenomenal. A live 3D satellite database with thousands of birds listed.

If you have Google Earth installed and click this link, it should load automatically. https://iu13cff.wikispaces.com/file/view/Satellite+data.kmz

Once it opens, you have to turn it on. Look at the end of your placemarks list under Temporary Places. Put a checkmark next to "Satellite Data" and then it starts to load. One caveat - the part that shows the Iridium/Cosmos collision debris seems to be broken.

If you want to keep it in your placemarks, you'll have to drag it up out of Temporary Places, or right-click+SaveAs.

~Matt

spinjector said:
Hi all,

I came here to ask if anyone knew the latitude, longitude, and elevation of AMC-8 so I could put a placemark for it on my Google Earth.

Another great resource is dishpointer.com

I recognize the logo...AGI. Analytical Graphics Inc.
They are a major developer of software for all kinds of satellite and aviation users. The have a nice "base" program called "Satellite Tool Kit" that they offer (it was originally free...might still be), which can take all sorts of additional paid plug-ins for tons of uses.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom