• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Amazing reception in Blowing Rock!

I drove home tonight and while listening to 98.5 WTFM, a Sammy Kershaw song cut in. I parked my car and waited for the ID and shockingly, it was KVOO from Tulsa, OK! I wondered if maybe someone was using an FM transmitter nearby so I looked up other stations in Tulsa. I turned to 101.5 which is usually WQUT (and sometimes WRAL) and I heard Spanish, so it must have been KIZS!

I managed to get a video of the KVOO reception with station ID, but WQUT came in when I turned to 101.5. I moved my car and briefly picked up KIZS again, but I couldn't get an ID before it faded out (and I had to change batteries). The signals were fading in and out like crazy on some of the Tulsa frequencies, but most of them were just too weak to ID for sure. They may have been stations from adjacent markets which is fairly common up here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom