• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM HD? IBOC?

i dont know much about this so i will ask. is 650 wsm in iboc? or hd? or whatever it is? and if so will it come in in stereo down here in louisiana? or will you have to be within several miles of the transmitter like i have read? just curious. i have listened to some of these deep track stations on hd..they are about as deep as a 2 foot lake..basically just a commercial free classic rock station. q1043 new york hd 2 is definitly not deep!<P ID="signature">______________
note to the NAB..satellite radio..its worth paying for!!</P>

> i dont know much about this so i will ask. is 650 wsm in
> iboc? or hd? or whatever it is? and if so will it come in in
> stereo down here in louisiana? or will you have to be within
> several miles of the transmitter like i have read? just
> curious. i have listened to some of these deep track
> stations on hd..they are about as deep as a 2 foot
> lake..basically just a commercial free classic rock station.
> q1043 new york hd 2 is definitly not deep!
>

I dont think WSM is IBOC yet. Remember that AM HD is only daytime. Here in Milwaukee, I am able to get the major AM HD stations. I am about 90 miles away.

> > i dont know much about this so i will ask. is 650 wsm in
> > iboc? or hd? or whatever it is? and if so will it come in
> in
> > stereo down here in louisiana? or will you have to be
> within
> > several miles of the transmitter like i have read? just
> > curious. i have listened to some of these deep track
> > stations on hd..they are about as deep as a 2 foot
> > lake..basically just a commercial free classic rock
> station.
> > q1043 new york hd 2 is definitly not deep!
> >
>
>
> I dont think WSM is IBOC yet. Remember that AM HD is only
> daytime. Here in Milwaukee, I am able to get the major AM
> HD stations. I am about 90 miles away.
>

Here in St. Louis, the only AM I can hear in HD Radio is a religious daytimer, AM 850 KFUO. They play contemporary Christian music in the morning and the early afternoon, otherwise they are a Lutheran/Christian talk station. The music comes over in stereo and sounds pretty good. The talk sounds a little "streamy" at times, although I understand some of the shows airing recently were actually rebroadcasts made from their streaming! I haven't any idea how far away any other HD Radio AM stations are from St. Louis, but I hope some adopt it soon so I can hear more.

WOR's HD component reaches Philladelphia, but they are WOR!<P ID="signature">______________
Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
_______________</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom