• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 820

San Jose, California

Days:::Nothing

Nights:::::Ddepending on the time of year, WBAP out of Dallas, on my best radios. During this time of year ( summer ), i get heavy splatter from neighboring KGO

Where I am in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, it's local WVSG, long known as WOSU, transmitting from a six-tower array on the southwest side of Columbus. Solid 6,500 watts daytime, a directional 790 at night tightly beaming to the northeast to protect WBAP.
If you're outside that directional pattern at night, even in the metro area, it's possible to hear WBAP with a turn of the radio. That's tougher for me given that I'm east-northeast of the tower farm, but I'm far enough away that WBAP can be audible underneath at times. Behind the pattern, I've heard WBAP within 10 miles of WVSG's towers. WVSG's signal goes pretty quickly within the deepest part of the null even within sight of the farm.

Where I am in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, it's local WVSG, long known as WOSU, transmitting from a six-tower array on the southwest side of Columbus. Solid 6,500 watts daytime, a directional 790 at night tightly beaming to the northeast to protect WBAP.
If you're outside that directional pattern at night, even in the metro area, it's possible to hear WBAP with a turn of the radio. That's tougher for me given that I'm east-northeast of the tower farm, but I'm far enough away that WBAP can be audible underneath at times. Behind the pattern, I've heard WBAP within 10 miles of WVSG's towers. WVSG's signal goes pretty quickly within the deepest part of the null even within sight of the farm.
I remember WOSU being a "limited time" station. signing off at Dallas sunset.

I remember WOSU being a "limited time" station. signing off at Dallas sunset.

That continues to be the time when they switch patterns. Several years ago I was driving from Chicago to Columbus via Indianapolis and WOSU was blasting after dark when I was still west of Dayton on 70. I didn't stick around for the pattern change, but having heard how it disappears as close as parts of Grove City, I am sure it was gone instantly.

Yes, WAIT got to stay on until Dallas sunset. By which time at my location you could hear WBAP clearly underneath it.
The other side of that was when they signed on in the morning they couldn't come on until at least 30 minutes after the other local daytimers signed on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom