• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 740

So it was CFMJ 640 I heard that night, not CFTR! I still hold it up to freak DX conditions. There were several mentions of Toronto on 640 andaspot for an auto body shop in Toronto., along with talk.
That's even more impressive. Ontario was a frequent business destination for me. And I can confirm from personal experience that CFMJ doesn't go west very well at all....day or night. I don;t know for sure, but my guess is during daytime, they're obliged to orotect CFCO (630). At night I presume the obligation is to protect KFI. I wonder if when you heard them they might have been running non-directional for whatever reason.

KTRH's tower site is near Dayton TX and beams mostly SW towards downtown Houston. At night it gets even stronger SW as it pulls in the north pattern to protect OKC and CZFM. I've been on US90 north of the array looking at it and being right on the null, hear nothing...the night pattern does have a little lobe to the east which looks right at Beaumont. I've heard KTRH in New Orleans at night sometimes. Amazing that others have logged it out of state given it's pattern.
Many years ago when I was in New Orleans KTRH could be heard during the day on a very good radio. I doubt that's still possible.

From south Overland Park, Kansas:

With 740 kHz being the AM frequency of the week, I just now logged CFZM, Toronto for the first time after numerous attempts this week. The signal was weak and fading but I finally "snagged" this station at 858 miles.

Bob

With 740 kHz being the AM frequency of the week, I just now logged CFZM, Toronto for the first time after numerous attempts this week. The signal was weak and fading but I finally "snagged" this station at 858 miles.

Bob
Nice!

Bob
Good job!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom