• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
East SFBA

Days: Nothing except splatter from KTCT 1050

Nights: Usually more of the same, but sometimes I can hear something in Spanish. Haven't been able to ID it.

c

Clifton, New Jersey

Days: Nothing but splatter from WEPN "1050 ESPN" New York, NY.

Nights: It's KYW "KYW Newsradio" Philadelphia, PA with some splatter from WEPN depending on the radio and the bandwidth setting.

Around Columbus, Ohio, it's a weak WILB from Canton. 15,000-watt Catholic radio daytimer.
They make way for KYW at sunset, and from then on it's a solid signal from Philadelphia.
(As an aside, I wish all the Radio Locator links had not disappeared from Wikipedia. No idea why all of them are gone now.)

From NW San Antonio:

Day: It's a weak KTSN in Lockhart, TX, a 2 kW daytimer 78 miles NW of me. It's part of the Sun Radio network, which plays a variety of pop/rock/Americana music. The signal is listenable on my sensitive radios.

Sunset: KTSN is stronger, with XERDO "La Raza" in Matamoros mixing in. XECPAE (formerly XEEP) in Mexico City eventually comes up with talk and eclectic music.

Night: It's a mix of XERDO and XECPAE, with either one dominating at times based on propagation conditions. There is splatter from 1050 XEG.

Sunrise: XERDO is weaker, and XECPAE mostly dominates. If I aim NW, KRCN in Longmont, CO, is usually heard later when it goes to day power/pattern. A few times I've heard WLNO but not since it lost its towers in the hurricane. KTSN isn't heard until skywave is almost gone and XECPAE is faint/fading.

DX/Retro: My one-time loggings on this frequency include the Cuban station in Jovellanos and comedy station CKMX in Calgary a few years prior to its retirement. Daytimer KXPL in El Paso used to be a sunrise regular before it was retired a couple of years ago.

I've only managed to hear KYW in Philadelphia twice. The first time was back in August 2021 and the second time was last week on Dec. 28. Both times the signal was very weak and in/out and XERDO appeared to be off air.

Around Columbus, Ohio, it's a weak WILB from Canton. 15,000-watt Catholic radio daytimer.
They make way for KYW at sunset, and from then on it's a solid signal from Philadelphia.
(As an aside, I wish all the Radio Locator links had not disappeared from Wikipedia. No idea why all of them are gone now.)
I had forgotten about WILB. I never heard their previous top 40 incarnation WOIOWQIO (those calls of course are near you now.). I think they were only 1000 or 5000 watts then, The present day WILB has made it to the Edinburgh IN SDR.

I had to look up the call letters @gr8oldies. I've heard them but never knew more about them until I researched my post. I just checked it a bit ago while I was out for errands and waiting for the Mrs., and the signal was much less impressive than I expected. There could have been some early daytime skywave starting to make itself known though.

in Aberfoyle, Ontario with RTL-SDT V3 and 84' NE/SW endfed:
KYW good, booming in from 5pm to 9am, Canton is sometimes heard in the fades

You could edit the articles and put them back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom