• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alternative Most Added: 4/13/07

B

Beejus

Stealing this idea from the other format boards...let's drum up some discussion on the new music hitting alternative each week. So here are the most added songs to Alternative Radio as of 4/13 according to R&R:

1- LINKIN PARK- WHAT I'VE DONE (MACHINE SHOP/WARNER BROS.)

2- THE USED- THE BIRD AND THE WORM (REPRISE)

3- RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS HUMP DE BUMP (WARNER BROS.)

4- AFI- THE MISSING FRAME (TINY EVIL/INTERSCOPE)

5- SATELLITE PARTY- WISH UPON A DOG STAR (COLUMBIA)

6- TIM ARMSTRONG- INTO ACTION (HELLCAT)

7- BJORK- EARTH INTRUDERS (ATLANTIC)

I'll add my 2 cents worth a little later on... I have to get caught up on the new music on the Alt side of things.

Comments?

Very ordinary song. It peaked very quickly, and I expect it to drop almost as quickly.

Surprisingly good after the last album's dull pop/rock sound. Of all the emo bands, this one seems to be the most willing to evolve.

As good as they're going to get in the present day. Like much of their modern upbeat output ("I Like Dirt", anyone?) it's rather silly, but it's still fun. Not as strong as their '80s and early '90s material, but easily the best single from the current album.

Pretty good. Surprised they went with this as a single instead of "Kill Caustic", but I guess they wanted to steer away from screaming. I don't see it peaking as high as their previous singles.

This shows a lot of promise, as this is one of the best tracks on Alternative currently. Looking forward to the album but I question some of their decisions - I mean, come on, Fergie as a guest?

Haven't heard. The Alternative in my area doesn't play much new music and they're not on this one yet.

Ditto. I'm sure it's quite innovative and quirky as her work tends to be.

Ugh, not these guys again. Stop killing alternative rock.

This song isn't just bad, it's ridiculous. They try and cram a zillion sounds into three minutes to give the impression they've "grown," but it just makes this standard emo/screamo song even less tolerable. When it ends, all you can do is shake your head in disbelief. Junk it, quickly.

Lots of goodies yet to be mined from Stadium Arcadium, kudos to the Chilis for keeping it up and doing it right all these years, and showing up with a better batch of songs every time out. These guys remain so contemporary, it's hard to believe they've been around since the mid-80's.

Better than anything I've heard off this album yet, but that's not saying much.

Another disappointing, half-baked Perry Farrell project, but I'll reserve final judgement until I hear the whole album.

GREAT. Best song I've heard in a couple of weeks, and Tim's album stacks up next to the single. A great change of pace from an aritist who's delivered a lot of good music over the years.

If you like Bjork, you'll like this. Better than the a-capella outing last time, if also less interesting.

I shouldn't like this, but I really do. It's predictable and safe but it still showcases how consistant these guys can be (for better or for worse) and a hell of a lot better than anything Nickelback or Hinder comes up with. Great melody too....

I think this band has seen it's prime popularity pass (it's amazing how many swipes Bert not takes at his former best friend, Gerard and his band, My Chemical Romance). I like how they're trying to spice it up a little bit and not following the typical "screamo" trend. Sadly, I don't think this will catch on.

The next natural selection from a long list of radio-ready songs on Stadium Arcadium. I would've loved to hear "Hard To Concentrate" as the next single but it's good that their getting a more rock/funk song (relatively speaking) out on the airwaves.

Not so hot on this one. It's fine. It's a great CD but wasn't "Summer Shudder" supposed to be the next single? That would have done much better.

We don't have an alternative station here, so I haven't heard this.

Cool little ditty. Always respected Tim and glad he's not letting Rancid's Clash-lite formula hold him to one particular style.

See #5

On another note, is anyone else surprised that "Forever" by Papa Roach is as far up there on the alt charts? Same with Breaking Benjamin...

Not surprised that Breaking Benjamin made it up into the top 5. Papa Roach maybe a little bit....never thought "Forever" would have gone to number 2.

I must say though (flame suit on), while I've never been a fan of P. Roach, I really like "Forever." Lots of energy, and a huge hook. A million times better than the first single from The Paramore Sessions "I Just Wanna Be Loved", which was perhaps one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Both tunes by BB and P. Roach add nice touch of straight up hard rock to what may be an otherwise very alternative sounding station.

I think the top ten is pretty strong as it stands right now. Siversun Pickups, Plain White T's, Modest Mouse, and The Killers all in the top ten and are all strictly alternative songs. You could make a case for Incubus too....so really half the top ten belongs strictly to alternative songs. Not bad.

I'm sure we'll see The White Stripes up there too very soon. I've heard "Icky Thump" a few times, and I think its a great tune. Nice guitar riffs, very retro sounding but still very fresh at the same time.

I see "Jesus" by Brand New has cracked the charts. I'd really like to see some stations get on that tune, give it a nice push up the charts.

Ben said:
I think the top ten is pretty strong as it stands right now. Siversun Pickups, Plain White T's, Modest Mouse, and The Killers all in the top ten and are all strictly alternative songs. You could make a case for Incubus too....so really half the top ten belongs strictly to alternative songs. Not bad.

I definitely see the Plain White T's breaking through on other charts. I program a Hot AC, took a REAL early chance on it, and it's taking off amazingly. Already in B rotation! I thought Incubus had a chance of crossing over, but it doesn't look like it will.

[/quote]

I definitely see the Plain White T's breaking through on other charts. I program a Hot AC, took a REAL early chance on it, and it's taking off amazingly. Already in B rotation! I thought Incubus had a chance of crossing over, but it doesn't look like it will.
[/quote]

You are absolutely right sir. I heard "Hey There Delilah" on the Hot AC station in town for the first time today. I guess it just won one of their call-in battle contests or something. Doesn't look like its impacting the charts yet, but from what you've said, its probably only a matter of time. Following the footsteps of bands like Snow Patrol, MCR, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus over to Hot AC....I don't look at that as a bad thing at all for alternative rock.

I think that T's are great been playing them since 2005. Wasn't Hey There Delilah a single last year. We played it and we really got a good responce from it.

Not much hits here , but what do I know about Rock . I do this type of post, In the Hip Hop,Chr/pop, and Urban Boards .

rapking said:
Not much hits here , but what do I know about Rock . I do this type of post, In the Hip Hop,Chr/pop, and Urban Boards .

Yeah.. I stole the idea :) I do this on the Hot AC boards too... I've been insanely busy recently though and keep forgetting to do it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom