• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ALT 104.9 ALBANY FLIPS TO CLASSIC COUNTRY

I’m glad that WINU’s now “Big Country” is on 104.9 up in Albany, and I am now listening to my favorite Kevin Richards right now with the “Classic Country Hall of Fame” right now. Back in July, right before station goes to 104.9, I listened to WMML’s “Big Country” on 97.9 via TuneIn while I was in Florida, and it works, but when I come back down to Florida, it will work again. The link to the old website takes you to the “Listen Live” section and you can hear “Big Country” on 104.9, and guess what! TuneGenie also has its playlist too. I hope this site hasn’t been updating it yet.

Maybe it might be redirecting to the other link:

What a waste they already have country in their cluster.

Theres more money to be made with a 3rd country station in the market (or how many ever there are) then the 2nd station of an already niche format that someone already has

Theres more money to be made with a 3rd country station in the market (or how many ever there are) then the 2nd station of an already niche format that someone already has
Especially since the new station is modern classic country, heavy on '90s and '00s hits rather than '70s and pre-New Traditionalist '80s. It should do better in the money demos than an old-style classic country station that's still playing the Oak Ridge Boys and Barbara Mandrell.

Earlier This morning, at around 6:16AM, they played “In Bloom” by Nirvana on the “Classic Country Hall of Fame” hosted by my favorite, Kevin Richards, and guess what, Nirvana was not a country band, they’re an alternative rock band.

Are you kidding me? They’re playing an alternate rock song on a country station. This is not WRRV you idiot, this is “Big Country 104.9/97.9”. And what’s weird that after the song, Kevin Richards was announced that it was Patsy Cline, not Nirvana.

All I can say is, you got to be very careful when you play classic country music. This is the show that plays nothing but classic country music that you all remember from the days of WHN and WYNY in New York City when they were playing country music back in the 1970’s and 1980’s where Jack Spector, Ed Baer, Dan Daniel and others used to play country music back then.

And “In Bloom” by Nirvana was not played on either WHN or WYNY, it was formerly WXRK’s “K-Rock” back in the 1990’s when they were playing alternative rock back then.

“Alt 104.9” doesn’t exist anymore, it’s just country music, not alternative rock. You got to be very careful if you want to play classic country music where Kevin Richards is hosting, go do it, and stop playing any song that is not country. Get it? Good!

Bizarre glitch is what it sounds like, especially with the jock announcing Patsy Cline afterward. Bottle the outrage, dude. Stuff happens. The whole show was most likely voice tracked and "your favorite" DJ phoned in his role in half an hour or less without even listening to the music.

Patsy Cline? Well, that's 1960s country.

I looked over the recent playlist and I'm seeing a mix of Classic Country (Dolly Parton, George Jones, Alabama, Reba McIntire) and 90s/2000s artists (Kenny Chesney, Pam Tillis, Brooks & Dunn, Toby Keith).

It's on the same tower in Voorheesville as Channel 6 WRGB. Co-owned country powerhouse 107.7 WGNA is also on that tower. It's powered at 12,500 watts. But WINU is only 530 watts on the 930 foot tower.

Earlier This morning, at around 6:16AM, they played “In Bloom” by Nirvana on the “Classic Country Hall of Fame” hosted by my favorite, Kevin Richards, and guess what, Nirvana was not a country band, they’re an alternative rock band.

Are you kidding me? They’re playing an alternate rock song on a country station. This is not WRRV you idiot, this is “Big Country 104.9/97.9”. And what’s weird that after the song, Kevin Richards was announced that it was Patsy Cline, not Nirvana.

All I can say is, you got to be very careful when you play classic country music. This is the show that plays nothing but classic country music that you all remember from the days of WHN and WYNY in New York City when they were playing country music back in the 1970’s and 1980’s where Jack Spector, Ed Baer, Dan Daniel and others used to play country music back then.

And “In Bloom” by Nirvana was not played on either WHN or WYNY, it was formerly WXRK’s “K-Rock” back in the 1990’s when they were playing alternative rock back then.

“Alt 104.9” doesn’t exist anymore, it’s just country music, not alternative rock. You got to be very careful if you want to play classic country music where Kevin Richards is hosting, go do it, and stop playing any song that is not country. Get it? Good!

Where does the anger come from? Take a breath. No one died. It's radio, not life and death stuff.

Back
Top Bottom