• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

All News 102 Expands To WBQK Williamsburg VA

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/177320/all-news-102-expands-to-wbqk-williamsburg-va/

The changes come into effect on June 1st

Local Voice Media is expanding its “All News 102” 1490 WXTG/101.9 W270DA Hampton and 102.1 WXTG-FM Virginia Beach VA to an additional signal on June 1.

Classical “107.9 Bach-FM” WBQK West Point/Williamsburg will drop its format to join the News simulcast that debuted on the other signals at the start of the year. The station features content from co-owned local news sites Southside Daily, Hampton Newport News Daily, and Williamsburg Yorktown Daily as well as WVEC-TV.

Always sad when you hear about a commercial classical format ending. Other than WRR Dallas, I'm not sure I know any other commercial classical station. WRR is owned by the City of Dallas but has a commercial license.

By the way, how do you do All News in the Norfolk market on a 1,000 watt AM, a 250 watt translator and a 6,000 FM in Virginia Beach? (And now a 4,000 watt FM in West Point VA.) I tried to listen to the steam but it doesn't seem to be working. Any station doing all-news I applaud. But it's the most expensive and difficult format to do. Do I have a feeling WXTG-AM-FM assembles prerecorded news segments and runs them together, with maybe someone doing a live update here and there? Is it really all news, even nights and weekends?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom