• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alanis Morrisette - Crazy

What do people think of her cover of the Seal Song Crazy? I personally don't think she sings the song that well. When she sings, if you notice, she sounds alost like she yelps like a dog with some of the pitches of her voice. I like Alanis, but I don't like her version of this song. Madonna or Michelle Branch can sing this song better in my opinion.

> What do people think of her cover of the Seal Song Crazy? I
> personally don't think she sings the song that well. When
> she sings, if you notice, she sounds alost like she yelps
> like a dog with some of the pitches of her voice. I like
> Alanis, but I don't like her version of this song. Madonna
> or Michelle Branch can sing this song better in my opinion.
>

Only Alanis I like:

Hand In My Pocket (1995)
Head Over Feet (1995)
Ironic (1995)
You Ougtta Know (1995)
You Learn (1995)
Hands Clean (2002)
Eight Easy Steps (2004)

All other Alanis just doesn't do it for me. The Jagged Little Pill album was by far her best.

Oh yeah and she was pretty good on You Can't Do That On Television.<P ID="signature">______________

AIM: JeremyA1069</P>

> What do people think of her cover of the Seal Song Crazy? I
> personally don't think she sings the song that well. When
> she sings, if you notice, she sounds alost like she yelps
> like a dog with some of the pitches of her voice. I like
> Alanis, but I don't like her version of this song. Madonna
> or Michelle Branch can sing this song better in my opinion.
>

Not a HORRIBLE cover. But not great. Doing decent for my station though, so it spins.

I rally don't like any Alanis music after she got happy. When she was pissed? Hoo-ey! That was some good music.

A GOOD cover out right now that I wish was doing better... Ra- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.

-beej<P ID="signature">______________
"Growing old, and living for the moment."
~Rufio</P>

> Oh yeah and she was pretty good on You Can't Do That On
> Television.
>
And that's when I fell in love with Alanis! YCDTOT was one of my guilty pleasures in an earlier part of my life.

Back to the topic at hand, the Alanis "Crazy" cover isn't one of my favorites (in fact I never cared much for the original), but it could always be worse...could you imagine Foo Fighters or Papa Roach covering the same song? I don't kn...

Peace.<P ID="signature">______________
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
-- Samuel Langhorne Clemens
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom