• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alan Hewitt - High Fidelity

Admittedly, I didn't give this one much of a chance out of the plastic. When I heard vocal after vocal, I was like, WTH. Guess I got spoiled by Retroactive. In any event, guys who know me on this forum know I am not the biggest fan of vocal cuts...I play 2 or 3 per hour, tops. But guys who actually know me outside of the studio know I am a glass half-full kind of a guy, so I gave it another listen ;). Then it hit my ears without warning. You guys have heard me rave about and long for Lou Pardini's "Live And Let Live" here before, perhaps one of the most overlooked and underrated NAC vocal CDs of all time. As I listened to Hewitt's "High Fidelity," I started to hear Lou Pardini, a CD full of uplifting, NAC-inspired vocals. "Save Me", "The LA Song", and "How Will I Know" are my favorites, but "It's Not The Way", "Lost In Emotion", and "HereAfter" are solid as well. And for the hardcore instrumental guys like me, there are a couple nuggets for you too. "So In Love" and the title track are good listens. For those of you who might have been quick to toss this one in the can, you may want to reconsider. There is plenty of room for solid new vocal cuts like these, definitely not the kind you are accustomed to hearing on today's Smooth Jazz stations.

At WSBZ, we added the instrumental "High Fidelity" about a month ago. Great instrumental and have been getting good reviews from listeners (we have a thumbs up or thumbs down feature on our media player which is invaluable). And next...we're going to try the vocal "It's Not the Way" as an add starting next week. The guitar work in the interlude sounds a lot like Peter White. I too was surprised how well some of the vocals were --and the arrangement on some was well-thought out.

Mark

Haven't heard it yet but am looking forward to checking it out. Maybe his work with the Moody Blues has rubbed off on him in a good way. Is he still playing for them? I'm on their cruise next month and would definitely look for Alan on the ship.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom