• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AJ replacing J&J - sounds like a good choice

B

Bob_Hudson

I put the my workshop radio on to AJ in the morning this morning and I have to say I think they have a show that can hold on to the old Jeff N Jer audience and maybe even grow it a bit since it skews younger. I had said in another post that the show should not only be "mom friendly" but also family friendly so that mom can listen to it while driving the kids around: it certainly seems to pass those tests and has a genuine upbeat nature to it.

It's not something I'm going to listen to, but if J N J don't get a new home soon for their dysfunctional family, I think that AJ make fans out of former Showgram followers.

You could be right, Bob. But they're going to have to open up a little and let their personalities through. Right now it's just "play a song, do some showbiz news, hit the traffic, play a song". They need to get personal if they expect anyone to care.

Me, I've reset the alarm for Gary Bryan at KRTH.

-- Doc

although it is different, Remember when Rick Dees was blown out at KIIS. He was doing well. But they went with a younger Ryan Seacrest. And although he was less talented, this turned out to be a good decision.

What's this I see at SD Radio about J&J coming back next month? Sorry, I couldnt find the J&J topic...but does anyone have any scoop?

I don't know if we can even talk about J&J on here. The last few messages on them got wiped by one of the board admins.

Are Jeff and Jer done?

I think some of the messages in the last thread may have devolved into personal attacks and that may be why they were moved.

Regardless, I noticed from SDRadio.net that Tommy's "Breaking and Entering" is going to be simulcast on Sophie and KNSD. But I also noticed that the Jeff and Jer website is no more. Which leads me to suspect that the ride is over, at least for now.

Not saying it is, just saying that it is suspect.

A slight argument here about KIIS, when they made the move from Rick to Ryan, every daypart was either #1 or#2 18-34, except am drive which was #11. Moving to seacrest saved the station.

Dees should have taken his K-earth offer, but he didn't want to play oldies, his quote, not mine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom