• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AJ Colby

There is a spot now open for a meteorologist at WKYC. But does he meet the criteria?
I'd say no, as it seems that local TV channels are looking for younger, and versatile hours wise.

(IMO: WJW dropped the ball with its last few weather hires. But that seems to be the trend city wide lately anyway.) In Channel 8's defense, at least theirs do tend to stick around longer. WKYC & WEWS, I'm not so sure that they don't turn them over a little bit faster other than the veterans (Betsy Kling, Mark Johnson and a few others) and WOIO is pretty stable with weather people.

Adding to the AJ mystery. It's been three months since his announcement. He does own a tech company. And has been the IT guy for a funeral service in Parma Heights. How many hours could he be free to take on another TV gig?

Last edited:
I did some Googling and apparently he was at 3.

Several years before Cleveland, AJ Colby was a meteorologist here in Erie, PA. Probably his first career stop.

During the pandemic and when most everyone was working from home, AJ was pretty much the only meteorologist inside the building. I remember watching severe weather coverage during that time and AJ struggled on air while tracking the storms. I don't blame him as he rarely ever did severe weather coverage, at least by himself. If he did, he usually served as an assistant.

Back
Top Bottom