• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AirOne's 106.3 "Translating" Owensboro 92.5 WBKR

This evening, presumably due to the storms, AirOne's translator in Spring Hill was(is) relaying 92.5 WBKR out of Owensboro instead of their 92.5 translator on the North side of Nashville. I guess they are using an actual over-the-air feed. Currently they are talking racing.

The timing of this was quite odd, as on my doorstep this afternoon was an old Sony STR-V4 receiver I ordered off eBay, as I had one identical to it as a kid and use to DX to the point that I wore it out. I hooked it up, ran the antenna and then next thing you know, there's WBKR on 106.3. Ironically I use to DX 92.5 WBKR when I lived Hendersonville on the same model radio years ago. It took me a minute but the only thing that makes sense is the translator in Spring Hill. Normally I can barely pickup the translator here in downtown Columbia on the South side of Columbia's antenna hill, but with the new stereo it and many other stations came in. Had to share.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom