• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Airchecks: KEZX Seattle

Several months ago, I was given several hours of airchecks from KEZX Seattle that were recorded in 1988. Most of its programming consisted of "singer-songwriter/Westcoast AOR" style rock. By today's standards it would be considered a AAA station.

In their evening hours the station featured instrumental contemporary jazz and new age cuts in a show called "Soft Space." For those who remember and enjoy the earlier years of this format, I recommend giving these a listen. The airchecks can be found at this folder link:

http://www.4shared.com/folder/qlxDmwhH/KEZX_Files.html

The files are 128/44.1 The "Soft Space" airchecks begin with files that begin with the number 15-A.

Many thanks to "AL7MO," who sent me these airchecks.

Thank you, spiritof67. You never cease to amaze me with these vintage airchecks. I started listening to smooth jazz and new age music around 1990, and remember the broad playlists these stations had.

I visited Seattle back in 1992. At the time, they had a great SJ station, KKNW 106.9. I heard them a few months before they flipped to soft AS as 'Warm". From what I understand, they were doing NAC as far back as '87, originally as KNUA.

If anyone has any KNUA/KKNW airchecks, I hope they will one day post them on this board for all to enjoy.

If anyone has any old 1990s KWJZ airchecks to post on here, let me know! I'd love to listen to them!

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom