• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Aircheck of K-earth 101.1 FM's Shotgun Tom Kelly doing a show for KFRC 610

He does sound a little "off" here doesn't he? I've heard Shotgun on KCBQ, B100, KRTH, KAFY & KGB and this doesn't at all sound like normal. Weird as it seems, it sounds like 1st shift jitters. Was this his 1st shift? Bet it was. Man he does sound weird, kind of distracted and his mic is a tad too hot. Even with all of his experience to this point, KFRC would have been the biggest station he'd been on. It was considered a big jump to go from San Diego to SF back then. I don't believe he ever worked full-time at 610 and it may have just been a series of fill-in shifts. I remember hearing something about him appearing on KFRC, but don't recall the circumstances. He does sound normal on a few sets, but overall, an off day for Kelly.

calguy said:
He does sound a little "off" here doesn't he? I've heard Shotgun on KCBQ, B100, KRTH, KAFY & KGB and this doesn't at all sound like normal. Weird as it seems, it sounds like 1st shift jitters. Was this his 1st shift? Bet it was. Man he does sound weird, kind of distracted and his mic is a tad too hot. Even with all of his experience to this point, KFRC would have been the biggest station he'd been on. It was considered a big jump to go from San Diego to SF back then. I don't believe he ever worked full-time at 610 and it may have just been a series of fill-in shifts. I remember hearing something about him appearing on KFRC, but don't recall the circumstances. He does sound normal on a few sets, but overall, an off day for Kelly.

Don't know for sure, just speculating - but I suspect this may have been the one and only time Shotgun was on-air at the Big 610. KFRC used to do that a lot - a jock would be in town, and they'd ask him to fill in. Perhaps this kind of thing also doubled as an informal on-air audition.

Even a couple of years ago on the unlamented 106.9/KFRC, I heard both Big Tom Parker and Eric Chase do "guest" shifts...for "old time sake," I guess.

I had never heard Shotgun until K-Earth. Whenever I'm in LA, I tune him in for awhile. I like his Real Don Steele kind of energy.

I seem to recall Eric Chase doing some shifts on both KRTH an KFRC-FM. Does anyone have an aircheck of him from one of these stint's? I would love to hear one!

Bryan Simmons said:
I seem to recall Eric Chase doing some shifts on both KRTH an KFRC-FM. Does anyone have an aircheck of him from one of these stint's? I would love to hear one!

Was Beau Weaver the same I noticed in the 1970's and 1980's Beau Weaver was on 93KHJ, KILT 610 and 610 KFRC and doing VO work for KWGN2 and cartoons in the 1980's all at the same time.

recto101 said:
Bryan Simmons said:

Was Beau Weaver the same I noticed in the 1970's and 1980's Beau Weaver was on 93KHJ, KILT 610 and 610 KFRC and doing VO work for KWGN2 and cartoons in the 1980's all at the same time.
Beau Weaver is one of the most successful voiceover artists working. When I first moved to the Bay Area in 1973, Beau was the morning guy at KFRC. When 610 hired Dr. Don Rose, he moved to nights.

According to the "440" website, Weaver moved to KHJ in 75, and later to KILT.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom