• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adds...Songs...and shows

here's something...

Ad Breaks. Do most stations have 5 minutes of adds? Ads used to be fun on radio back in the 90s..I even laughed at a few of them. Now, however, you get kars4kids, and other adds that sound like one scam after another. I heard one the other day that had two guys with unique names like Ceasil and Speedy asking for your email address so they could send you free 'business secrets' that other companies pay for! Wow, what a break! :)...

Then there's the music. Most people must have stations on for background noise only and don't care what's on. It's the same old 15 or so crap sounding songs spread across 6 stations. Even CBS FM sneaks one of them in now and again. When a good song does come on, it's overplayed the crap out of and you're tired of it by the end of the week..

How come no one takes chances in radio anymore? I used to love PLJ's saturday night at the 70s...That was a weekly thing for me. Same goes for Cousin Brucie on CBS FM. great to listen to during long drives. Big Joe Henry is fun to listen to during the summer trips down the shore for corny jokes and fun music..

Now all the stations sound the same. Does it really work that well for them that no one takes chances to break the mold anymore?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom