• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A year at The Beach

It's their first anniversary today, Jan. 1. They seem to be doing mediocre in the ratings.
I think the playlist is still way too short. They've added some jocks, but
Jade Alexander is the only female. I headed for The Hills a long time ago.
Other thoughts?

It's their first anniversary today, Jan. 1. They seem to be doing mediocre in the ratings.
I think the playlist is still way too short. They've added some jocks, but
Jade Alexander is the only female. I headed for The Hills a long time ago.
Other thoughts?

This is hardly the first anniversary of the station... The Beach is just another incarnation of the longstanding oldies / classic hits orientation the station has had "forever".

They have averaged around a 4 share in 25-54 all year, with a couple of higher and a couple of lower months that are not significant. In the last half of 2015 they averaged in the low 3's in the same demo. Big improvement.

The playlist is in the 500 to 600 song "in rotation at any time" range, which is pretty normal for that format. It would be expected to find somewhat fewer consensus songs in Miami since the market is half-Hispanic with many not born in the US and much of the non-Hispanic white population did not grow up in Miami.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom