• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Stop Along the Way

Does anyone out there remember this little known song from 1968 by Timothy Carr? I don't think it had a very good sales history, but it sure was a mover. Anyone know what ever happened to the artist? I finally bought a copy of the record and can't get over why it was never a hit. So many of you folks on this site have so much background on these things that I know someone out there will know. Thank you in advance.

FRR said:
Does anyone out there remember this little known song from 1968 by Timothy Carr? I don't think it had a very good sales history, but it sure was a mover. Anyone know what ever happened to the artist? I finally bought a copy of the record and can't get over why it was never a hit. So many of you folks on this site have so much background on these things that I know someone out there will know. Thank you in advance.
Carr was classified as a Northern soul artist. I know of no current information on him.

“A Stop Along The Way” / “Let's Start All Over Again” was recorded on the Hot Biscuit Company Label, (#1454). The 7” single currently sells from low $20 to high $40, depending upon condition and seller.

I hope you got a good deal on your buy, it is indeed a rare platter.

I was able to buy it for $5.00 plus the $3.00 postage, and I was pleased with that price. I'm not sure what a "Northern Soul Artist" is, but I can't find anything on him, or anything else he may have recorded. When WUBE in Cincinnati was on a Drake format in 1968, they played the song in their rotation for a couple of weeks and then it disappeared. I don't think WSAI, who was the powerhouse station in the city at that time, ever played it, but I'm not sure about that. Someone like Dusty Rhodes may remember, I don't know. If anyone else knows anything about this artist, I'd be glad to know about. Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom