• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A question about one of the WTLS translators

Earlier I got a question from someone regarding the info on my website about one of the WTLS translators. On my site I've got it listed as W295BL on 106.9, and their website (however outdated it is) says they're still marketed as "Score 94.7 and Hits 106.9" but it looks like a license to cover for that 106.9 frequency was never filed, so the FCC still lists it as W293BK on 106.5.

I'm thinking it went back to 106.5 since the translator owner filed an app to move to 101.1, citing WPHH Hope Hull's permit to move to 106.5. But honestly I don't know what is going on so was hoping someone in the area could clarify what the deal is with the station.

I can tell you this. Last time I was visiting the Montgomery area, WPHH was still on at 93.5 FM and the WTLS Pike Road relay was still on at 94.7 FM. I did check out 101.1 FM and all I heard was static. I can still get WPHH at 93.5 FM here in Selma too. Once they move, their new home and WZNJ Demopolis will be fighting with each other, since I live around 50 miles from both places.

Dan <><​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom