• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A new station (internet only) focusing on 80s & 90s CCM Hits

J

Jay77

I came across a new station I thought I would share. ccmbacktracks.com. it seems to be internet only but so far a nice selection of hits. Even heard some 2000s as well. For me this fills a void as I can listen in my car thanks to the android A Online Radio app.

Jay77 said:
I came across a new station I thought I would share. ccmbacktracks.com. it seems to be internet only but so far a nice selection of hits. Even heard some 2000s as well. For me this fills a void as I can listen in my car thanks to the android A Online Radio app.

That non-linking link doesn't work. This does:

http://loudcaster.com/channels/404-ccm-backtracks

Thanks for posting about this station. I've been listening all day and I love it! It reminds me a bit of the former 850AM 'The Prodigal'.

We assembled that format a couple of years ago. All of the chart toppers for 15 to 18 years.

I have the whole thing in storage on CD's. Something like 25 CD's.

We tested it on our FM in Lexington. Got some compliments but it did not really take off. It is a real niche format.

Internet may be just perfect for this.

I'm somewhat surprised that religious programmers with HD subchannel availability haven't pursued this format. It might be niche, but particularly in the non-comm band the 80s/90s CCM format on a subchannel could be a nice way for a religious broadcaster to further expand its brand in a given market.

jry,

I'm listening now and really like the format.

I was in Christian radio from 1984 to 2004 amd I really enjoy the classic CCM.

Classic CCM is a difficult sell on terrestrial these days. I wish you the best.

I think if done correctly and creatively a classic Christian music format might be a viable format...certainly a good format for the net...good luck to you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom