• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

a new FM Radio station coming to Tampa Bay?

itsthesong said:
RADIO geek squad said:
???? Does anyone know?

WHat's the buzz...
The Buzz in this area is 105.9:

http://www.1059thebuzz.com/main.html

As far as new stations in the area, the FCC data base only shows app and CP's for repeaters, translators and LPFM's.

WMNF is partially reinventing itself with it's new schedule effective Monday, the third of January........ don't know of any other FM about to flip.

drt

105.9 has already moved and increased their power. They used to be on the same tower WSMR was on and they got kicked off too. They're on the WDDV AM tower now. They cant move any farther north because of WOCL in Orlando. WZTB already has a directional antenna to protect WOCL. Too bad about WZTB, before they went on the air I used to enjoy listening to WOCL.

rfrus said:
105.9 has already moved and increased their power. They used to be on the same tower WSMR was on and they got kicked off too. They're on the WDDV AM tower now. They cant move any farther north because of WOCL in Orlando. WZTB already has a directional antenna to protect WOCL. Too bad about WZTB, before they went on the air I used to enjoy listening to WOCL.
I believe they started life in 1999 on the Auburn Rd tower, formerly the home of 92.1 WCTQ. When the big Sa-ra-so-ta! switcheroo happened, 92.1 became WDDV, which bumped WCTQ to 106.5., which in turn bumped WSRZmoved

As far as over the air goes, this is a HD-1 for 105.9. The question of course is, which 105.9 are we talking about. This is a Clear Channel product and appears to be as much an online thing as anything else. So it could be any of their 105.9 signals anywhere in America. The website refers to FLZ and Z100 in NYC. What is on the HD-1 of FLZ? They have succeeded in creating a "Buzz" here in Tampa Bay!

rfrus said:

105.9 started life in 1999 on the Auburn Rd tower, formerly the home of 92.1 WCTQ.

When the big Sa-ra-so-ta! switcheroo happened, 92.1 became new home to WDDV, now WLTQ, which bumped WCTQ to 106.5, which in turn bumped WSRZ to 107.9, which, in turn, bumped WYNF to the new start-up 105.9 on Auburn Road, which eventually became WTZB, “The Buzz” after a failing as a talk format. My thoughts are that if the staff attitudes had been better at the station following the downgrade of signal of WYNF calls to 105.9, WYNF calls would still be at 105.9, since it returned as a rock station, anyway.

107.9 moved from Green Cove Road Tower to new 681/41 tower and took 92.1 from Auburn Road with it. And now 89.1 from the Green Cove Road tower which leads us into the “89.1” thread.

The Green Cove Road tower was built for Channel 62 and will now be disassembled, which is why 89.1 had to find a new home.

105.9 never shared the tower with 89.1.

The WDDV-AM tower is on Google ( the island formerly, and again, known as City) Island and friendly di-plexed with 1280. There is no FM on that tower since 106.5 vacated to Palmetto.

WSRZ 106.3 moved to 106.5 and then physically moved to the old 103.3 tower in Palmetto.

Confused?

Good. It was (not so) Clear Channel’s unintentional result, anyway.

The FCC’s convoluted rules of ownership made all this necessary when CCU purchased Jacor.

Happy New Year and a prosperous Post Festivus.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

rfrus said:
Actually, 105.9 was on the old channel 62 tower until recently, I know 112 Green Cove Road VERY well.

Could you elaborate on the Auburn Rd, Green Cove Rd, and 92.1 and 105.9 sequence of events? Evidently, I'm missing something.

Was there a diplex at either location?

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom