• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.7 THE PEAK

Just dawned on me... Who's the current PD of the Peak?

Thoughts on their Your Pick It segment each night? Are they all really requests?

U Pick It is literally all listener-driven via voting up and down songs on 987thepeak.com. Every weekday 8-midnight. It is so awesome, Mix 96.9 is now trying to copy. I absolutely love it. People really pick awesome stuff.

KOOL Listener Lauren said:
U Pick It is literally all listener-driven via voting up and down songs on 987thepeak.com. Every weekday 8-midnight. It is so awesome, Mix 96.9 is now trying to copy. I absolutely love it. People really pick awesome stuff.

Any chance of hearing Sleigh Bells on Mix 96.9? If they don't go MOR/Top 40 like Foster The People did, that will be really fishy.

I don't really listen to Mix much. I just noticed on their Facebook, they're trying to get people to vote for the last song of certain hours. The Peak has been doing that for several months, plus, now 8-midnight being all listener-driven.

The Peak trumps Mix in every single way.

(Unless you're in love with iHeartRadio. ::) )

Thanks, OneHorse!

And to be fair, both the Peak and Mix are two of my favorites.

Lauren - They seem to play similar music? Why do you not frequent Mix all that often?

Really? I guess it would be even more awesome if they actually had better songs to pick from (it seems that everytime I check out tunein.com, they are playing the same songs).

???

2Son said:

Really? I guess it would be even more awesome if they actually had better songs to pick from (it seems that everytime I check out tunein.com, they are playing the same songs).

???

Next time go to 987thepeak.com and add a song from the large music library. But keep in mind, most radio listeners want to hear hits, despite what people like to choose to believe. You still get great stuff. It's fun to listen to. :)

2Son said:

???

I'm guessing that the computer is programmed to automatically throw some songs to the top of the list at the top of each hour during "U Pick It." I've tried pressing the green "Up" button multiple times on several songs that NEVER get played, night after night.

Next time go to 987thepeak.com and add a song from the large music library.

KLL--now all the denizens of the PHX board will go to the K-Lite site and choose
Brown Eyed Girl. :D

Eric Stein said:
2Son said:

???

I'm guessing that the computer is programmed to automatically throw some songs to the top of the list at the top of each hour during "U Pick It." I've tried pressing the green "Up" button multiple times on several songs that NEVER get played, night after night.

As I understand it the PDs can "weigh" songs and set the program to give preference to some over others. Makes sense, gotta keep the hits coming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom