• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.1 Format History 1958 to 1977

Hey Guys:

I find the history of San Diego radio very interesting. Much different then L.A.'s. I was wondering if you can help me with the format history of 98.1:

1. 98.1 KDWD 1958?

2. 98.1 KJLM 1960 to 1968?

3. 98.1 KDIG 1968 to 1977?

Thanks

T.J.

I believe the KDIG format was Jazz for a while. After moving to Soledad (mono) it was kind of "easy listening", and one song seemed to
be a regular at the time-"Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" , by the Spinners. It then returned to real Jazz, I believe, and then later morphed
into "smooth". Somewhat cloudy on this-a small studio at the La Jolla Village Inn, with minimal equipment was what they had...
Like KRLO (KBST) it originally broadcasted from a hotel roof in downtown.

Big 121

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom