• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

But his name is still on the morning show on the websight

I bet they really regret losing Carson daily at this point. Like changing the branding from 97.1 amp radio to 97.1 smp will make a world of difference.

Well they are saving alot of coin by not having Carson.

Given how 97.1's ratings are not nearly as good as they were a few years ago (and are even down significantly over the past year), I cannot fault Entercom for wanting to make changes.

Time will tell if the changes that do get made are wise ones.

I wonder if they will blow up the station

I doubt any format changes will be done at this time. Practically nobody in programming is going to the station offices, so a format shift would be a bit clumsy and likely go unnoticed.

On today's Nielsen conference call about the ratings that come out starting tomorrow for March, they showed that listening levels have declined coincident with the dates where the state imposed the most severe vital services only restrictions.

And they stated that from March until this is over, ratings should be considered "pandemic use only" as they will not represent prior or future behavior in non-pandemic situations.

A bad time to change format.

I agree, but I wonder if we'll see some of these larger companies set up their own internal syndication to better utilize their existing local talent the way iHeart has. As off now, Entercom prefers to keep talent local, thus keeping the revenues local. So when they VT a daypart, it's usually done by someone in the cluster.

I doubt any format changes will be done at this time. Practically nobody in programming is going to the station offices, so a format shift would be a bit clumsy and likely go unnoticed.

On today's Nielsen conference call about the ratings that come out starting tomorrow for March, they showed that listening levels have declined coincident with the dates where the state imposed the most severe vital services only restrictions.

And they stated that from March until this is over, ratings should be considered "pandemic use only" as they will not represent prior or future behavior in non-pandemic situations.

Since they are basically saying the data is compromised, I wonder if they have compromised on their pricing during this time, or is it their policy to charge full price for marginally useful data?

I doubt any format changes will be done at this time. Practically nobody in programming is going to the station offices, so a format shift would be a bit clumsy and likely go unnoticed...A bad time to change format.

Yet today, we actually are seeing a format change; at 100.7 San Diego. The reasons for this format change are more due to an ownership change, yet it is still worth noting that a (nearly local) format change is happening during this COVID-19 period. For those in Southern OC who can hear 100.7, and the rest of us who can hear it streamed via bigfmsd.com, label me underwhelmed. It is basically a Jack-FM redux without the snarky character and without live jocks, which Jack FM in San Diego had - when it lived on 100.7 back in the day. Thoughts?

The old 100.7 San Diego is now branded Big FM. Somewhat wider playlist than before, dives deeper into the 70s. Latest song list has Play That Funky Music (1976) and Stuck in the Middle With You (circa 1972)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom