• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

96.5 WTDY-FM Rebrands As The New 96.5

It's not Hot AC even if people here insist it is yes they have Hot AC tags but they spin currents too much ,

That's not true. WTDY spins currents 70-80 spins a week. So does KBIG LA and KLLC SF.

WTMX Chicago spins currents 90 a week and it's still considered Hot AC.

Hot AC is more about the percentage of currents in the playlist, not the spins.

Last edited:
That's not true. WTDY spins currents 70-80 spins a week. So does KBIG LA and KLLC SF.

WTMX Chicago spins currents 90 a week and it's still considered Hot AC.

Hot AC is more about the percentage of currents in the playlist, not the spins.
Couldn't you have a Hot AC with CHR-like spins though (proportionate to how many currents, for example) while playing Hot AC only music mixed in?

Pssssttttt....people can host in different formats. And do it quite well.
Yeah that would be cool if it was different but it's not Josh Brubaker (Bru's) show is the exact show they play on their other CHRs not altered as is Most Requested Live. I noted they are Hot AC ish not a full Hot AC station.

Same here, I do think wnew has better playlist than tdy I still have yet to see a better hot ac playlist than wsjo, townsquare really does a great job

I think the like between Hot AC and CHR has blurred with the shifting demographics of radio

KEZR-FM San Jose is almost indistinguishable from CHR to most average folks.

Back
Top Bottom