• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

96.3 CFMK in Kingston format change

96,3 CFMK (FM96) Kingston,Ont has changed from Classic Rock to mainstream rock. Kingston now has 2 Mainstream Rock stations (105.7 CIKR ) and now (96.3 CFMK ) and 1 Alt. Rock station (98.9 CKLC) and with Kingston's three A/C stations (98.3 CFLY) (104.3 CKWS) and from Napanee'Ont (88.7 CKYM) Kingston Radio is at a all time LOW.

Well, this was really a format adjustment, not a wholesale change. The new slogan is "Kingston's Best Rock" but the pictures on top of the website are of Bono, Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton, all Classic Rock favorite artists. Some recent songs played include...

ZZ TOP--I THANK YOU
GREEN DAY--WHEN I COME AROUND
Bachman Turner Overdrive--Let It Ride
PINK FLOYD-YOUNG LUST
VAN HALEN--ICE CREAM MAN

So it's all Classic Rock, with "When I Come Around" released in 1995, 20 years ago, the most recent song. I suppose this allows CFMK to play some newer material that still has appeal among the over-35 rock fan. 107 CILQ Toronto made a similar move recently. The CFMK website is...

http://www.fm96.ca/

But if you look at K-Rock 105.7 (CIKR) almost the same format
1:34 pm Red Rider - White Hot
1:31 pm AC/DC - Rock or Bust
1:27 pm Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
1:20 pm The Beatles - Revolution
1:14 pm Our Lady Peace - Naveed
1:09 pm Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
1:05 pm The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows
1:01 pm George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Move It On Over
12:56 pm Finger Eleven - One Thing
12:53 pm Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin'
12:50 pm Green Day - American Idiot
12:42 pm Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)
12:38 pm ZZ Top - La Grange
12:34 pm Monster Truck - The Lion
In one hour both FM96 and K-Rock Played Van Halen, Green Day, ZZ Top. I do like this format but it was nice to change the station and here something different like classic rock on FM96 and Rock on K-rock. but at lest 98.9 The Drive (CKLC) is different
CKLC playlist
1:35 PM George Ezra - Budapest
1:24 PM Toadies - Possum Kingdom
1:21 PM Foo Fighters - Big Me
1:17 PM Metric - Sick Muse
1:14 PM Bear Hands - Giants
1:10 PM Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
1:06 PM Incubus - Pardon Me
1:02 PM Vance Joy - Mess Is Mine

But if you look at K-Rock 105.7 (CIKR) almost the same format
1:34 pm Red Rider - White Hot
1:31 pm AC/DC - Rock or Bust
1:27 pm Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
1:20 pm The Beatles - Revolution
1:14 pm Our Lady Peace - Naveed
1:09 pm Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
1:05 pm The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows
1:01 pm George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Move It On Over
12:56 pm Finger Eleven - One Thing
12:53 pm Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin'
12:50 pm Green Day - American Idiot
12:42 pm Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)
12:38 pm ZZ Top - La Grange
12:34 pm Monster Truck - The Lion
In one hour both FM96 and K-Rock Played Van Halen, Green Day, ZZ Top. I do like this format but it was nice to change the station and here something different like classic rock on FM96 and Rock on K-rock. but at lest 98.9 The Drive (CKLC) is different
CKLC playlist
1:35 PM George Ezra - Budapest
1:24 PM Toadies - Possum Kingdom
1:21 PM Foo Fighters - Big Me
1:17 PM Metric - Sick Muse
1:14 PM Bear Hands - Giants
1:10 PM Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
1:06 PM Incubus - Pardon Me
1:02 PM Vance Joy - Mess Is Mine

Looks like you're right.
Too much of the same is never good.
How Ironic that they (Corus) just went through all the trouble of believing that rock is not working across Canada, yet they refuse to attack Kiss Fm with a Jump Kingston?

Last edited:
CFMK Kingston is back to playing Classic Rock as 96.3 Big FM after only 2.3 share in summer ratings when cross town CIKR 105.7 (K-ROCK) had a 9.0 share and CKLC 98.9 (The Drive) had 6.6 Share. The Change was at 12:00pm today Friday, August 28

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom