• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95.7 should flip........................

J

Johnnie_Radio

after CC flip Mega i had hoped for a better format than Party, after almost a year, it seems stale playing the same 100 songs........

I hope party will Go away..........maybe Sports ...................

Because there is nothing else Decent here to listen too, If you compare to say the Phoenix or Seattle Markets, Denver is way behind....

no CHR or Dance or Rythmic oldies....You have 2 Hot AC's...Alice & Mix which are too conservative.....2 country and 6 Rock...Lite Rock combined stations....

KS and Party is it. Party doesn't do anything except play an automatic song playlist....and no one here will give KS some competition.

CC should have just kept CHR at 95.7

Again, they win by Default, The is no Great Variety of Stations here....If this were say Phoenix or Detroit, Party wouldn't even break a 1.0 share...

You have 2 Hot AC's and 6 Rocks...... Plus KJMN 92.1 is a waste of a good Frequency.....and good Call Letters....

this market is Stale.

back to CHR. I agree with the person who said this earlier. Make it the ALL NEW KISS 95.7. With a Brand new morning show, brand new lean of music (focus on a different genre of music of top 40), brand new imaging, brand new sound to this new Kiss FM. Anybody agree? that might just work. Heck, it worked for KRock in New York and CBS FM in New York and KFRC in SF. Why not Kiss FM Denver?

Jay F said:
PARTY went up again this trend. This is the best the frequency has done in a while.

Jay....again, this station wins by lack of any competition in this market. The station is very boring, they don't have any specialty shows at all. Such as KS.....wins by lack of anything decent in this town.

Look at the Phoenix market.....IE...A market with a Dance and a top-40...KZZP . and in the Mean time...Denver is stuck with ALICE & MIX.....2 Boring *ss HOT AC's. ??? ??? ??? WHY DON"T CBS DUMP MIX for CHR-DANCE??

Winning by default is OK, there is nothing wrong with finding a hole in a market and filling it. How good or bad, boring or entertaining you are is just icing on the cake when it comes to format selection.

MIX doesn't switch formats because despite the bad 12+ numbers they are #7 25-54 and top 5 females 25-54.

Hi everyone:
Johnnie_Radio said:
Why? Thanks to Lincoln Financial, we've already got two sports outlets (KKFN mainly with FOX Sports Radio & KEPN with ESPN Radio). And that doesn't even count the sports programming KOA has to offer.

What leads you to think we need a third station Johnnie?

Or did you fail to DO YOUR HOMEWORK again?

Cheers :D

Hi everyone:
Johnnie_Radio said:
WHY DON"T CBS DUMP MIX for CHR-DANCE??
Because then you and others would be b*tching about Alice 106 winning by default. That's one of the reasons why.

ENGAGE BRAIN Johnnie.....

Pat Cook said:
Hi everyone:
Johnnie_Radio said:
WHY DON"T CBS DUMP MIX for CHR-DANCE??
Because then you and others would be b*tching about Alice 106 winning by default. That's one of the reasons why.

ENGAGE BRAIN Johnnie.....

Well Pat, you certainly have character i'll give you that. My brain is very much working, you my friend aren't taking a look at the real issue here.

1) KPTT 95.7 is a combination of KS & the former KDJM 92.5. with a little Alice Mixed in. This station is all over the map. The % of people say 30-50 year old Black/White & Latino's, want to hear Marvin Gaye & Earth Wind & Fire & Chaka Kahn, after playin that, then you hear 50 cent or TI... songs you hear KS-107 5 play, then Kelly Clarkston & Madonna which sounds like ALICE. 95.7 is confusing as hell. ThEY DON"T KNOW WHICH DIRECTION THEY WANT TO TARGET.

I for the most part don't listen to KS because most of today's Hip Hop is repetitive and the songs are annoying and not enjoyable unless your in an 18-24 club. I am more of a KDJM or KAJM (104.3 in Phoenix) type listener, and pefer the adult mature crowd.

2) Mix 100 could play more current stuff and spice up the weekends with Disco, then maybe it would be a better station. It's just to stale the way it is.

3) Again for a #22 market not to have a CHR station is beyond me. I say CBS should make 92.5 CHR with the signal being near Longmount they could steal a chunk of CC's KSME 96.1 market....this would give Denver another option of Dance and POP and some Rythmic Hits. No one is going to beat KYGO so dump the WOLF @ 92.5....pleeeeeaaase. ???

pbf1 said:
Johnnie_Radio said:
Again for a #22 market not to have a CHR station is beyond me.

Here it is: IT'S BEEN DONE. Kiss 95.7 didn't get it done.

OK I KNOW THAT. 2 REASONS WHY IT FAILED ON 95.7

1) Because you have Mix and Alice, HOT AC's which already put a major dent into a CHR/POP station, being these 2 stations already play most of the Pop hits. You still lack Dance and Urban hits, which only KS plays....(Prior to 95.7 flipping) the market is to overlapping.

2) CC didn't run Kiss 95.7 right. First of all, can we give a station a name other than Kiss or the Beat. ::) also i didn't have enough local shows.

3) If CBS were to tweak Mix or flip it to 92.5 it would do better because of the signal, then you would take listners from KSME & KALC.

Again you people in this market have TUNNEL VISION. Afraid to step outside the BOX :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sheesh...learn how to comment on quotes, so you don't look like you're just pasting a whole quote. Put your comments AFTER the quote, not within it.

And yeah Kiss...what a terrible name. It's certainly hurt KIIS, WXKS, WRKS, WKSC, WXSS, KZZP, KHKS, WKYS, WKSE, KKDM, WKFS, and plenty of others. And there were a lot of local shows, so that argument is almost as weak.

Pat Cook said:
Hi everyone:
Johnnie_Radio said:
Why? Thanks to Lincoln Financial, we've already got two sports outlets (KKFN mainly with FOX Sports Radio & KEPN with ESPN Radio). And that doesn't even count the sports programming KOA has to offer.

What leads you to think we need a third station Johnnie?

Or did you fail to DO YOUR HOMEWORK again?

Are you happy with the sub standard programming, and inconsistent message that those stations bring you each day? I'd like a little more, and would welcome a new sports talker.

Hi everyone:
SportsRadioDoc said:
Hi everyone:Are you happy with the sub standard programming, and inconsistent message that those stations bring you each day?
Personally I could care less because all the music that's played on those stations are repeated like A MILLION times over anyway.
I'd like a little more, and would welcome a new sports talker.
Are you even aware that we already have two sports talkers plus KOA Radio? What could come from having a third all-sports talker?

What we could use is a hot talker on FM (105.5 would be prime for this) that could cover sports as well as news. Another thing we could use is a WINS-style all-news outlet (No KOA DOES NOT qualify as this as they are primarily a TALK station that just also happens to be heavy on news). Again, 105.5 would be prime for something like this. So would 92.5 & 95.7 if CBS & Chump Channel can just see past their respective all mighty corporate "bottom line".

Contrary to the beliefs (And wishes?) of so many others on here, I do NOT see 100.3 flipping. It's a Hot AC and has been one for most of the last 20+ years (And they've been quite successful at it for the most part). I don't see them changing at all (Especially to CHR).

Speaking of CHR, why is it that most people on here seem to be so freakin' OBSESSED (Or is POSSESSED a better term) with the format? I mean it's as if some of you here think that other formats don't even exist or (If they do exist) they won't work. WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE??? *Sheesh!*

Anyways....Back to the subject at hand.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom