• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.7 Night Show

When will 94.7 get rid of both night shows "Nash nights live" and after dark? They have been owned by Entercom for a while now.

When will 94.7 get rid of both night shows "Nash nights live" and after dark? They have been owned by Entercom for a while now.

They got the station at a good price, and I suspect continued carriage of those shows was part of the deal. Otherwise, you're right, they'd have dropped them by now. How much longer? My guess is the end of the year. Once those shows go away, I expect the station to VT nights and overnights, as they do at WUSN in Chicago.

I hope Nash Nights Lives stays, on WNSH. It is a lively and entertaining show.
I've heard the local evening show on Entercom 's Chicago country station. It is quite bland. Local isn't always better.

Very expensive. Stations I know that do that kind of thing do it either in afternoon drive (happy hour) or on weekends.

And in transactional markets, most music stations get only about 5% or a little above of their revenue from evenings and nearly none from the hours clubs are active, after 9 PM or so.

And in transactional markets, most music stations get only about 5% or a little above of their revenue from evenings and nearly none from the hours clubs are active, after 9 PM or so.

The clubs have mixed feelings about it too. While it might drive some business, it tends to be disruptive. The music mix for radio is different from what you'd play as a club DJ. Having said that I think both WHN and WYNY did occasional club remotes back in the day. There only were two country clubs in NYC back then. I think one was O'Lunnys.

The clubs have mixed feelings about it too. While it might drive some business, it tends to be disruptive. The music mix for radio is different from what you'd play as a club DJ. Having said that I think both WHN and WYNY did occasional club remotes back in the day. There only were two country clubs in NYC back then. I think one was O'Lunnys.

Yes club dance sets are generally done for the same reason that bar snacks are salty... to make people eventually order a drink.

Clubs sell liquor. Radio stations sell listeners to advertisers. The confection of music sets for the radio is not the same as for a club. And if a station lets the club DJ do the sets, we have issues about "why" certain songs are getting played and we lose control of our content.

WNSH/New York's Country has started using its first jingle since it was acquired from Cumulus. To me, it sounds awful. Anyone else hear it yet?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom