• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.5 near Capital/540

I noticed a Mexican station yesterday near 540 and Capital. I no habla but the way the man was talking it sort of sounded like a preacher. At that intersection the station was strong enough to cut into Bob 93.3 with a lot of interference, but the station was totally gone by the time I got to 540 and Leesville. Anyone else heard this? I can't find any record of it in the FCC database.

There is a Spanish formatted 93.5 in Ocean Isle Beach, NC that is frequently heard in the area. Otherwise, probably either a pirate or some sort of bar/restaurant microcast that went a bit far.

The sound quality was horrible. There was a type of buzzing noise in the background of the man who was speaking. IIRC the Ocean Isle Beach station runs a satellite format.

I'm going with pirate.

Heard this again today and noticed it was gone by Six Forks. The presentation is clean, maybe too clean for a pirate, but the sound quality itself is poor. When you hear it at Capital it is LOUD but the signal quickly fades.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom