• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.3 Doubles KJR-AM Sports Combo Share

KJR AM Sports combo doubled from a 0.9 to a 1.8. Meanwhile KIRO-AM took a bigger jump to a 2.9 even prior to the launch of baseball season without adding an FM!? The big winners with KUBE gone, along with KJR AM Sports, was HOT jumping 23% and MOVIN up 15%. KBKS was just flat, HOT now beating them along with KQMV. Too early to see if THE PATRIOT will do anything since it was only on for a portion of the March book. Doubt it since KTTH and KVI are around a one share each and very old. The PPM glow is definitely off KEXP cut in half from fall, similar problems for KPLZ still down 30-40% from fall with their new lineup and variety format. There was a lot of change in Jan/Feb/March in Seattle radio yet despite all the change usual stations on top: KIRO-FM, KRWM, KZOK, KUOW KJET and KQMV. In core demos KQMV, KISW, KRWM, KIRO-FM and KUOW doing great as usual. Was fun to speculate on the outcome of all these station adjustments but in the end the more things change the more they stay the same!

I'll challenge the "KJET" mention.

KJET-FM is not listed . You may be confusing KJET-FM which I own, with KJR-FM which identifies at The Jet. KJET was licensed to Raymond, and we changed KJET COL to UNION. We're operating as a C3 at about 500 watts. I'd extremely surprised if my signal showed up on any legitimate audience survey. But if we do, I'd love to sell you advertising!

Right you are Bossbill. 95.7 THE JET is actually KJR-FM in the ratings report, not KJET-FM. Sorry about that error.
As for 95.7 The JET seems the addition of Bender was a good move, ratings have been solid since he arrived. Surprised that KBKS did not get more of a bump after simulcasting on KUBE prior to the flip? Seems most of the old KUBE audience went to MOVIN and HOT. KEXP and KPLZ certainly are way off from last fall. KPLZ drop can be explained after losing so many long-time talent and the new music direction, but why KEXP? It is pretty much the same. Also odd that KIRO-AM jumped more than Sports-950/93.3 even without adding an FM. Just the quirks of Nielsen I suppose.

WARNING: Am going to bring up call letters, So no sign yet of a flip of calls between 93.3 and 95.7. I don't think the "FCC is still lagging behind" excuse still flies. I think KUBE is headed to their soon to launch FM in Sacramento.

WARNING: Am going to bring up call letters, So no sign yet of a flip of calls between 93.3 and 95.7. I don't think the "FCC is still lagging behind" excuse still flies. I think KUBE is headed to their soon to launch FM in Sacramento.
And yet if you go into the FCC callsign registration system and ask if KJEB is available, it tells you it's taken by facility 48385 in Seattle....

Yes, I see that. I suppose KJEB was chosen in that "B" rhymes with ""T". The KUBE calls are still in holding on 93.3 until they can get 107.9 in Sacramento up and running.

Yes, I see that. I suppose KJEB was chosen in that "B" rhymes with ""T". The KUBE calls are still in holding on 93.3 until they can get 107.9 in Sacramento up and running.
To iterate on what Scott wrote: 95.7 is officially KJEB, 93.3 is now officially KJR-FM, and there is an application to move KUBE somewhere.

How recent did KUBE change to KJR? I don't check every day with the FCC call sign database, maybe once a week.

If you are referring to the callsign change, it took affect according to the Callsign Database yesterday, 4/20/2022.

Right you are Bossbill. 95.7 THE JET is actually KJR-FM in the ratings report, not KJET-FM. Sorry about that error.
As for 95.7 The JET seems the addition of Bender was a good move, ratings have been solid since he arrived. Surprised that KBKS did not get more of a bump after simulcasting on KUBE prior to the flip? Seems most of the old KUBE audience went to MOVIN and HOT. KEXP and KPLZ certainly are way off from last fall. KPLZ drop can be explained after losing so many long-time talent and the new music direction, but why KEXP? It is pretty much the same. Also odd that KIRO-AM jumped more than Sports-950/93.3 even without adding an FM. Just the quirks of Nielsen I suppose.
Both KEXP and KING-FM enjoyed their best ratings during the heat of the COVID thing. I think a lot of that had to do with people working from home and being able to pick what they like instead of what the boss has playing on the radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom