• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.5 KFLX 104.1

The "92.5 / 104.1 The Canyon" has had no 92.5 signal transmitting for a few days now. The broken part should be replaced as early as Friday. According to the lady on the KFLX phone line, their transmitter's antenna broke due to ice. :-\
http://www.canyonfm.com/

KFLX still has their 104.1 signal and their internet stream. The challenge is big for their normal audience in the Prescott vicinity. You almost cannot receive 104.1 in the Chino Valley area due to the very strong presence of KAJM 104.3's signal from near Strawberry on top of the Mogollon Rim.

B T W - The normal 92.5 signal with its 1500 watts is weak in the far reaches of Prescott / Prescott Valley. They should give some $eriou$ thought to jacking up that 92.5 peanut whistle. Didn't this same 92.5 begin its life as a translator? Now: "It needs more power, Scottie !!"

As of 8 AM Jan. 21, KFLX 92.5 was back on the air. The contemporary Pop Music sounds pretty good and of course @ TOH :
"KFLX Chino Valley / Prescott. - CanyonFM.com - K281BE Flagstaff
92.5 and 104.1 The Canyon"
...Now, about those puny output power wattages. I noticed 18 watts at 9,301 feet elevation for the 104.1 stick near Flagstaff.

I still think that the C.V. 92.5 power of one and a half gallons is anemic near downtown Prescott and eastern P.V. What ever happened to the
use of a true "repeater" for 92.5 ? Is that a hassle now for some reason?
If I were buying KFLX ad time, I would want to reach the more populated
areas of Prescott / Prescott Valley with a stronger signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom