• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.5 flip audio

LouPickney

Inactive
Inactive User
If you want to hear the flip of 92.5 WYUU from Country to Spanish Tropical, you can do that here:

http://www.loupickney.com/radio/wyuu.shtml

There's also a sweeper of the station with the "Latin Sound of Tampa Bay" (rough translation) file on there as well. I put the actual audio files on my DraftKing.com server, since it's faster (and has more spare room).

Pictures of the webcam from the flip are forthcoming on the page, as well (the announcement was read live on the air).<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Re: 92.5 flip audio - Rico Blanco

> If you want to hear the flip of 92.5 WYUU from Country to
> Spanish Tropical, you can do that here:
>
> http://www.loupickney.com/radio/wyuu.shtml
>
> There's also a sweeper of the station with the "Latin Sound
> of Tampa Bay" (rough translation) file on there as well. I
> put the actual files on my DraftKing.com server, since it's
> faster (and has more spare room).
>
> Pictures of the webcam from the flip are forthcoming on the
> page, as well (the announcement was read live on the air).
>

Well, that's Q105 APD Rico Blanco in the webcam picture (behind the guy on the mike). And if someone can interpret the message we'll know Rico's involvement in the station because you hear his name in the announcement.<P ID="signature">______________
-brian holmes
APD/nights - 104.5 WSNX Grand Rapids
weekends - 92.5 KISS FM Toledo
Owner/Webmaster - www.ThePowerPig.com - Tribute to WFLZ/Tampa & www.Q105TampaBay.com - Tribute to WRBQ/Tampa</P>

Re: 92.5 flip thoughts

Well just as I figured, they did it following the race. Now... let's be honest.... what a BORING change! You'd think if anything they'd run some sweepers into Sunday night referring listeners to WQYK or at the very least simulcast 99.5 till Monday at either 10am or 5pm letting the Outlaw listeners know what's up. That's when the new format should have been launched. Granted, maybe the folks at Infinity really didn't give a crap... but it seems to me they're gonna be in a dogfight with US 103.5 and would want at the very least TRY and convince Outlaw listeners to switch to WQYK. So who benefits? US103 and WQYK are the natural winners... but how about 102.5? Seems to me in the last 6 months they've lost 2 main competitors. If this station can't at least pull a 2.7 overall then they REALLY suck. And how about dropping Lex and Terry for Cow and Brent? It would be a great place for em in my opinion.

Here's what the clip says (In Spanish):

"It's a great day in the History of Tampa Radio...After many years of waiting, Infinity Broadcasting has made the wise decision of turning over one of its' FM frequencies to the large Tampa Bay Hispanic community....We recognize the great efforts of the many Tampa [Spanish?] stations that have paved the way for the "New 92.5"....It doesn't say what "Ricardo" Blanco (didn't say "Rico")'s role is, specifically, but also mentions Jose Rodriguez as one of the people involved, and says the name of the voice speaking is Carlos Jose Peralta.

Interesting that they would even bother with that kind of announcement. How much of the Tampa Bay Hispanic population would have been listening to the end of the Brickyard 400 anyway?

But as for Rico Blanco, All Access says he is the new PD, so I guess that answers that.

> Here's what the clip says (In Spanish):
>
> "It's a great day in the History of Tampa Radio...After many
> years of waiting, Infinity Broadcasting has made the wise
> decision of turning over one of its' FM frequencies to the
> large Tampa Bay Hispanic community....We recognize the great
> efforts of the many Tampa [Spanish?] stations that have
> paved the way for the "New 92.5"....It doesn't say what
> "Ricardo" Blanco (didn't say "Rico")'s role is,
> specifically, but also mentions Jose Rodriguez as one of the
> people involved, and says the name of the voice speaking is
> Carlos Jose Peralta.
>

Full translation of La Nueva 92.5 sign-on message

I had a friend who speaks Spanish translate the sign-on message of La Nueva 92.5 for me. Keep in mind that my Spanish language skills are limited to counting to 20 in the language (I need to break out the "teach yourself Spanish" tapes that I've had for seven years and put some time into it).

The translation (obviously it's not a perfect translation; a "big story day" sounds silly in English, for example):

"Good afternoon, Tampa Bay. It is a big story day in Tampa, because finally, after many years of waiting, Infinity Broadcasting has decided to give one of their large radio stations to the Spanish community. We recognize the voice of all of the radio stations around us, and their associates. They have prepared the path with their sacrifice and determination, after all these years, for the birth of the New 92.5 FM, the Latin Sound of Tampa Bay, so that today this becomes a reality. In the name of Infinity Broadcasting, the (program) director, the engineer, and the regional director (??), is Rico Blanco, Jose Rodriguez, and Carlos Jose Peralta. We smile to bring you the new Tampa Bay Spanish station. Enjoy the New 92.5, The Latin Sound of Tampa Bay."<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Re: Full translation of La Nueva 92.5 sign-on message

> The translation (obviously it's not a perfect translation; a
> "big story day" sounds silly in English, for example):

He's saying "Historic Day/Great Day", that's all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom