• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 NOW FAIL

ansky212 said:
GooberVision said:
But a large number of people (cume) ARE listening to 92.3. Unfortunately for them... the product is sub-par and they are NOT listening at length. Which is evident in the ratings.

CHR stations are the most guilty of any format for having a repetitive playlist. So it's not surprising at all that people are not listening at length.

And "CHR" is just a name a trade magazine applied to Top 40 in the 70's... with the whole point of the format being to play just the most current of hits often so that any time you tune in you are hearing those songs. Frequent repetition of hits is why listeners go to such stations.

A lot of people for a short time is just as good as fewer people for a long time or a mid-range number of people for an average amount of time. "Share" is derived from time spent listening and cume, and the same share can be achieved being cume based or being TSL based.

Raider57 said:
I like what Tic Tak does with the station while his boss is away on vacation.

You mean, play what the music director scheduled for him so he could pretend he picked the songs as if it was 1985 and that was original?

BabyDJ said:
GooberVision said:
92.3 is losing. Period. No argument. No one's opinion will change how great Z is doing and how sub-par 92.3 is doing since launch. Its all in black and white. Month after month... year after year. I don't see why people keep defending an underperforming top 40 which is nowhere NEAR Z in ratings, revenue, class or anything else for that matter. Dom theodore is doing the SAME "innovative" radio he did in 1998 at FLZ in Tampa. His repositioning efforts are not working. Did they work in 1998 in Tampa? Yes. NYC in 2010? Not so much. This is a never ending circle, With Z100 in the middle, laughing at the circle as it spins to nowhere. Incase you missed it... 92.3 is LOSING the Top 40 battle. Did I mention 92.3 is losing? But, i think its cute how some of you are "rooting for the underdog". But that isn't going to help 92.3 climb the ladder. The product ALWAYS speaks for itself.

Z-100 is living on its heritage, that's all. The content is awful. The only place where Z beats NOW content wise is Elvis in the morning and that's like saying a Pinto is better than a Yugo.

I'm amazed at the people here who cling to what it was, almost as if they are praying Z will one day actually live up to its heritage. I guess there is no hope in when JJ, MoBounce, Ryan Seacrest and Shelly Wade are considered good CHR radio.

Thanks Chunky for that inspiring well thought out 100% biased and wrong opinion. You commenting on CHR is like a blind man commenting on Picasso.

BabyDJ said:
Heritage does work in PPM especially if listeners don't know there is an alternative. And that's all Z has going for it. You would think Z would be a better station with competition but that hasn't happened.

In a way you have to commend them, the programming and talent HAVEN'T improved, which means they have stayed the course, which is what you're supposed to do. But in Z's case, any change would have been an improvement.

You have played that stupid Heritage card before. The biggest contests, the biggest concert, a hugely successful morning show in multiple major markets (which you blame on HERITAGE stations) ...you are like Fox news. You just make stuff up to make your story make sense. From the music mix, to the DJ's to the web sites to the image and concerts, Z is a machine and NOW is a mess. It makes sense you like them

I think 92.3 Now is the best CHR in the area and I listen even if there's static when I'm far away. From speeding up the music to TicTak to playing Stereo Love 120+ times a week to its awesome mixshows, I love it.

The bottom line is this: Z-100 remains one of New York's dominant radio stations.
92.3 Now is okay, but think about this: Both 97.1 Amp Radio L.A. and 92.3 Now debuted around the same time. Amp quickly made an impact on its market, is Top 5 in share, and usually in second place behind KIIS-FM in cume.
Amp Radio's cume is at 3.2 million, and has already gone up to 3.4 million. KIIS's cume is about half a million bigger.
92.3 Now has yet to achieve a 3.2 million in cume despite the fact that New York is the bigger market. Z-100's cume? Wayyy bigger than that of 92.3 Now with about 4.7 million.

With regards to heritage, KIIS-FM has been around longer than Z-100, and yet despite KIIS's heritage it seems Amp Radio's done a pretty good job of establishing itself in the market.

If anyone has lived in both LA, and New York for any length of time then you would know there is NO COMPARISON in the radio markets since the people are totally different.
Southern California has no loyalty or tradition towards anything......unlike NEW YORK period !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom