• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

91.7 k-dance

Hey, KSBJ, God is Listening.....to your Devil Music!!!!!

It's apparent that KSBJ Educational Foundation isn't listening to God. However, perhaps they will listen to their donors, who (over)paid for this fiasco.

It's apparent that KSBJ Educational Foundation isn't listening to God. However, perhaps they will listen to their donors, who (over)paid for this fiasco.

It's apparent your bid must've been turned down by KSBJ for the work that went on at the site. As one of those donors, I look forward to Monday morning, when NGEN Radio launches. Your conspiracies regarding the KSBJ Educational Foundation are simply ignorant. To say that KSBJ isn't listening to God, simply astounding. Even Bruce has never said something that foolish on this forum. The addition of KXNG continues the mission of KSBJEF the same way the addition of KXBJ did, and what KROY would've done, had Joe not gotten himself bent out of shape and blew the deal. That mission is to spread the message of Christianity, and I can assure you as a continued donor to KSBJ's ministry, I look forward to supporting further acquisitions that fit where the Foundation wants to go.

Get a hold of yourself, man. I beleve you've let Joe get too far into your head.

Hey, KSBJ, God is Listening.....to your Devil Music!!!!!

So, Night Hawk...who's alter ego are you?

I see why our forum has become so popular recently, Frank. It's like watching an episode of Young & the Restless around here.

I think what they're trying to do with the "devil's music" is to draw in more new Christians when NGEN launches on Monday. People will tune into 91.7 expecting to hear old school hip-hop and be treated to a nice and hopefully converting surprise.

I think what they're trying to do with the "devil's music" is to draw in more new Christians when NGEN launches on Monday. People will tune into 91.7 expecting to hear old school hip-hop and be treated to a nice and hopefully converting surprise.

Ah, well, Mouse. Now, why'd you want to stop by and act as the voice of reasoning and common sense?

Please, take those back with you to San Antonio. We've got no room for them here.

So, Night Hawk...who's alter ego are you?

I see why our forum has become so popular recently, Frank. It's like watching an episode of Young & the Restless around here.

Arthur Brown or (on the other hand) I could be David or Enoch!
Shabat Shalom

Last edited:
Could I be picking up spots in Lavaca county? I heard Cupid Shuffle this morning on 91.7. My antenna picks up Houston most of the time well in the attic upstairs.

Could I be picking up spots in Lavaca county? I heard Cupid Shuffle this morning on 91.7. My antenna picks up Houston most of the time well in the attic upstairs.
Yes they have been playing that. Come Monday morning at 6 it becomes NGEN

Excited for this new radio station. Hope it'll have success and help lead many lost souls to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Excited for this new radio station. Hope it'll have success and help lead many lost souls to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I wonder how many opportunities were lost because of this apparent stunt. Fortunately, the proprietors of this "educational foundation" will answer to a higher authority. Not to me. And obviously not to the donors.

I wonder how many opportunities were lost because of this apparent stunt. Fortunately, the proprietors of this "educational foundation" will answer to a higher authority. Not to me. And obviously not to the donors.

Right...not exactly what Congress had in mind with "Public interest, convenience, and necessity."

Aimee Semple McPherson lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/FfvGECYB6Gs

I'm with him. There's no simpy from me, either. :rolleyes:

None here either. If I do an oldies format, or DJ an oldies event - "Sympathy for the Devil" is not on my playlist. Even if I do a secular show on a secular station, there are things I don't play. Others are "Imagine", "My Sweet lord", "Spirit in the Sky". I don't put heresy and garbage into my ears. Which makes me wonder - why was the stunt "K-Dance" format allowed on a frequency owned by a Christian ministry. 90% of the songs were innocuous. But the lyrics of several were centered on the infantile buttocks obsession - pretty disgusting. No matter who I was, I wouldn't put them on a frequency owned - utimately - by God.

K-Dance is gone, maybe they will show up as an HD channel somewhere, and I wish them well. I won't be listening when a "booty" song comes on.

KXGN had a massive outtage this morning. Blank frequency for a minute, followed by dead air. It went on at least 20 minutes. I can confirm that the 99.5 translator was driven by the audio from 91.7, because it was blank, too. This was one of those mornings when the skip was more mush than anything specific, 99.5 was getting beat up by a country station. But skip also beats up 91.7 HD, just like I predicted. Which leads to a question - does anybody else notice that the HD is NOT synchronized with the analog? It is really annoying when HD drops in and out. My wife has an analog only - 91.7 is solid as a rock. But if they don't get it synchronized - it could affect listening. It is one thing to have an inperceptable transition from digital to analog and back, quite another if they are different plaes in the song!

None here either. If I do an oldies format, or DJ an oldies event - "Sympathy for the Devil" is not on my playlist. Even if I do a secular show on a secular station, there are things I don't play. Others are "Imagine", "My Sweet lord", "Spirit in the Sky". I don't put heresy and garbage into my ears. Which makes me wonder - why was the stunt "K-Dance" format allowed on a frequency owned by a Christian ministry.

That was my initial question. KSBJ doesn't appear to be accountable to their donors, who bankrolled this fiasco. They certainly aren't accountable to God. If the goal is to win souls to Christ, they have failed miserably.

At the risk of a skewing into a tangent, and landing my Delorean in an alternate 1985...

Yes, Bruce, I've noticed that the HD & analog signals are out of sync. I don't, however, see where it has diminished the overall 91-7 signal. It's actually stronger now, at least here in the 4-4. Tropo is tropo, Bruce. It affected KTRU and KUHA before NGEN, and it'll obviously affect NGEN the same.

Look, I'm not real keen on the stunt they used, but if that's what it took to get 91-7 noticed, after years of neglect and being band aided together by its last two stewards, then who am I to judge their motivation for "K-Dancing"?

I think music can be independent of religious belief, especially in the world of radio. Just because you are Christian, Jewish, ect doesn't necessarily mean you have to restrict the music you play.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom