• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

88.5 Northridge

Growing up with KSAN and KWST gave me the opportunity to listen to music not ordinarily heard on any FM station.
I've been trying to find a station similar to this for decades without any luck.
That being said, I've been listening to 88.5 in Northridge and I finally can listen to variety of rock.
Check it out, it's a great way to get exposed to new genres.

Growing up with KSAN and KWST gave me the opportunity to listen to music not ordinarily heard on any FM station.
I've been trying to find a station similar to this for decades without any luck.
That being said, I've been listening to 88.5 in Northridge and I finally can listen to variety of rock.
Yes I've heard of that station, aren't there 2 now?

Yes I've heard of that station, aren't there 2 now?

Mr. Hits....yes there are two now. 88.5 KCSN out of Northridge and 88.5 KSBR out of Mission Viejo. Here is how to listen to 88.5 FM:
* On-air – if you are within a 10 to 15-mile radius of Northridge, Beverly Hills, or Mission Viejo
* Online - http://www.885fm.org/listen
* Mobile Apps – 88.5 FM has its own app (orange circle in a black framing) which starts up with hardly any buffering time. Also the station can be selected via the TuneIn and iHeart radio listening apps

Mr. Hits....yes there are two now. 88.5 KCSN out of Northridge and 88.5 KSBR out of Mission Viejo. Here is how to listen to 88.5 FM:
* On-air – if you are within a 10 to 15-mile radius of Northridge, Beverly Hills, or Mission Viejo
* Online - http://www.885fm.org/listen
* Mobile Apps – 88.5 FM has its own app (orange circle in a black framing) which starts up with hardly any buffering time. Also the station can be selected via the TuneIn and iHeart radio listening apps
Thank you I started my unsuccessful Radio career there at age 12, Elton John was new, Python Lee Jackson had a big hit, we never heard from him again? On occasions I would raise the 3KW to almost 5KW, always felt uneasy doing so as I didn't want to burn down the Speech Drama building

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 88.5 FM

It's my personal bridge to hearing NEW ROCK first like Spoon and deeper tracks from BECK's new 'Colors' - its like a friend in the car when you need it the most. Yes, the signal is weak in South Bay where I live (KCSN) but in Tustin where I work, the HD Radio transmission comes in clearly (KSBR). I renewed my membership (upped it to $100 this year). JG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom