• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

88.1 Indie, 88.7 KTCU and KXT 91.7

I'll admit I haven't listened to these a ton, but I can get all three frequently and I'm going to listen to these a lot more in 2024. Do you have a favorite? I like KTCU and KXT the most. Thoughts?

I’m with you on liking KXT and KTCU the best. KTCU is a better KXT, but KTCU’s range is such, I only hear it for about half my commute and KXT still is just a great station. 88.1 is just too filled with the same overplayed pop rock hits I’ve heard blaring from every public speaker….and one local song at 9 every weeknight is not nearly enough to earn the “indie” moniker.

I’ve said this before, but the commercial stations here don’t do anything interesting for me. For a site full of music and radio nerds, you all just don’t talk about the non comms enough. KXT, KTCU, KNON, and KEOM: all wonderful at what they do and assets to this city. The commercial stations? Yawn.

...and one local song at 9 every weeknight is not nearly enough to earn the “indie” moniker.

I read or heard somewhere about 88.1 and the "indie" name. "Indie" is supposed to be that it's independently-owned and not corporate (like Audacy, Cumulus, or iHeart), and has nothing to do with the genre "indie rock." It is misleading thinking we're gonna get indie rock but oh, I hear Blink 182, Green Day and AJR (even though the latter is an indie pop band). It's just a university-owned Alt 103.7 clone.

I don't listen to radio as often as before these days, but I still think KXT still has the better playlist.

I read or heard somewhere about 88.1 and the "indie" name. "Indie" is supposed to be that it's independently-owned and not corporate (like Audacy, Cumulus, or iHeart), and has nothing to do with the genre "indie rock." It is misleading thinking we're gonna get indie rock but oh, I hear Blink 182, Green Day and AJR (even though the latter is an indie pop band). It's just a university-owned Alt 103.7 clone.

I don't listen to radio as often as before these days, but I still think KXT still has the better playlist.
I agree

Back
Top Bottom