• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

830/WEEU

radiomayor2

Inactive
Inactive User
i was driving in the i 80/ i 81 area friday and had a chance to pick up WEEU.
after RUSH.....they run MUSIC?????

didn't know they were doing the old full service thing still.....why wouldn't they flip to talk...

that station is in a great market to grow talent...good signal large area of coverage...stable ownership...will probably never be sold...

a shame.....i thought i was listening to the old weeu of 1965-68 when i was in the area.....

just one person's opinion....

I'm glad they stayed with at least some elements of full service. They run a late morning local talk show, then Limbaugh, then afternoon music except I think Tuesday's PM drive is all talk. The morning show is a good old fashioned style, light banter, MOR and novelty songs, and lots of local information. I'd listen more if the whole day was like that rather than breaking it up with syndicated talk that can be heard elsewhere.

had a chance to listen to them and stations like WARM.......

just one mans opinion but they could both do better........You can build local talk talent....it is possible.......

> I'm glad they stayed with at least some elements of full
> service. They run a late morning local talk show, then
> Limbaugh, then afternoon music except I think Tuesday's PM
> drive is all talk. The morning show is a good old fashioned
> style, light banter, MOR and novelty songs, and lots of
> local information. I'd listen more if the whole day was
> like that rather than breaking it up with syndicated talk
> that can be heard elsewhere.
>

> had a chance to listen to them and stations like WARM.......
>
>
> just one mans opinion but they could both do
> better........You can build local talk talent....it is
> possible.......
>

The "Feedback" program after AM drive does that, I believe.

The 6-7 PM hour most weeknights is talk, with various subjects.

I appreciate the local AM drive program. Much, much, much better than the "angry white male" formatted whine-fest on WAEB. Gunther was much better -- and his program much more useful -- when he first came to the Valley in the early 1980s.

Yet another man's opinion...

Richard / an Allentown-Reading commuter

Re: 830/WEEU - Full Service Music

> I'm glad they stayed with at least some elements of full
> service. They run a late morning local talk show, then
> Limbaugh, then afternoon music except I think Tuesday's PM
> drive is all talk. The morning show is a good old fashioned
> style, light banter, MOR and novelty songs, and lots of
> local information. I'd listen more if the whole day was
> like that rather than breaking it up with syndicated talk
> that can be heard elsewhere.

Another traditional Full Service AM station which incorporates music into their weekday programming is 800 WLAD in Danbury, CT. When I last tuned them in a few weeks ago, inbetween the obligatory breaks for traffic, weather, and commercials, they were doing a call-in trivia contest, and playing a few AC songs here and there (I heard them play "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5) -- just like what 600 WICC used to be until a few years ago, and mostly like what 830 WEEU and 1490 WBCB are today. Full Service means talk AND music... not just all-talk! Even the almightly "New Jersey 101.5" incorporated music into their weekday talk programming during the first few years of the format -- and so did Rocky Allen when he was on 95.5 WPLJ in the '90s.
<P ID="signature">______________
noiboc.jpg
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom