• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

50' & 60's oldies

theoldiesguy

Inactive
Inactive User
Hi all,
I joined the forum today, Thursday October 27, 2011
It's getting more difficult to find venues and discussion boards for "oldies" music!
I have been involved this genre of music for quite a while, actually it's been about 50 years!
I started out doing a capella on the street corners of The Bronx New York City with various street groups. I purchased a set of drums in the early 60's and hooked up with a duo, a lead guitarist and a rhythm guitarist thus making it a trio, and we performed together for a year or so.
Then I joined an oldies performing group which I remained a member of for nine years.
After the group disbanded I began free-lancing. This is what I still do as of today.
I built my website for two purposes. One is to have a historical record of what I have been doing musically for the last 50 years. The other purpose is to keep my "shingle" hanging for opportunities of "standing or fillin in" with pro performing groups of the best music that ever was.
The era of the music I perform is 1958-1963
I have a website which I use for the purpose of making my abilities and availability known. The URL is: http://www.theoldiesguy.com
Steve Taylor "The Oldies Guy"

Welcome Aboard!! Yeah, there are lots of wonderful topics within 50's and 60's and also by radio market and cities and other subjects. Browse around and join in!!

Hi, oldies guy. Welcome aboard. Feel free to jump in and discuss. Just realize that all the topics here on the '50s and '60s board do not necessarily stay within that time frame. But don't let that get to you. I'm 47 and I like and listen to alot of music that is older than me! 8)

A song that says so much for that era is "Yesterday's Gone", by Chad & Jeremy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom