• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

3 translators lose their licenses for lying to the FCC

K235CJ Boulder City, K288FS Pahrump, and K280GF Crystal have lost their licenses because the owner never built the translators. I had noticed that K235CJ had been silent since at least 2016. It was supposed to relay my favorite station KJUL 104.7. I was really hoping that translator would be on because KJUL is weak in that area. Occasionally I would tune to 94.9 just to see if K235CJ was on, and it was never on the air.

I noticed that K280GF was silent when I drove through the area on May 13, 2021. I was wondering why Radio-Locator showed that there’s supposed to be a translator on 103.9. It also showed that K280GF was a translator for an AM station in Michigan, WHLS, which I thought was weird.

An informal objection had been filed last February. The FCC sent a letter of inquiry last August. Finally, the licenses were cancelled because the owner could not prove that the “ghost translators” were ever on the air.

Since I had noticed that these 3 translators were all silent, I had brought that up because I was curious as to how the translators could be silent for years without an STA and still have their licenses. This was a way for the victim to seek revenge on the owner who stole the translators. I helped gather evidence that the translators were not on the air.

Moral of the story, don’t piss anyone off if you’re not following the rules yourself.

As a side note, within 24 hours and in coordination with another translator, EMF upgraded their first-adjacent 95.1 to 250 watts in the direction of the former Dolan Springs/Boulder City translator.

The informal complaint appears to have prompted further investigation from the FCC... so, good job! They were taking up bandwidth that others can put to better use.

As a side note, within 24 hours and in coordination with another translator, EMF upgraded their first-adjacent 95.1 to 250 watts in the direction of the former Dolan Springs/Boulder City translator.

The informal complaint appears to have prompted further investigation from the FCC... so, good job! They were taking up bandwidth that others can put to better use.
That was done by the paid surrender of 94.9 K235CL North Las Vegas by Hispanic Family Christian Network. Had nothing to do with the Dolan Springs cancellation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom