• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

26DEC2015 DFW Severe WX Coverage

Hats off to WBAP and Brad Barton. Thought they did an excellent job of covering the nasty tornado outbreak. Their coverage included most of their regular news team plus trained spotters in the field. Didn't listen to any other radio so I can't comment on any other coverage. Your thoughts?

KRLD had paid programming with cut ins from Ron Jackson. While I am a fan of Ron, while there is a tornado approaching and in the most heavily populated county in the metro, something tells me you should probably have your news team on and go wall to wall, or at least drop the paid show. The forecasters said it was going to be a rough day. Obviously 'BAP was prepared while KRLD was not.
That being said I listened to Brad Barton and thought him and the news team did a GREAT job!

I wasn't able to catch any of it, but I have no doubt Brad did an outstanding job. Lucky for me I was getting weather alerts from NOAA on my iPhone. The tornado that hit I-30 was less than three miles from where I live. I am amazed there were no fatalities!

R

I wasn't able to catch any of it, but I have no doubt Brad did an outstanding job. Lucky for me I was getting weather alerts from NOAA on my iPhone. The tornado that hit I-30 was less than three miles from where I live. I am amazed there were no fatalities!

R

Hate to break it to you, but there were 11 fatalities.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom