• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

2019 Boston Pops spectacular

Just wondering what people think of it. I noticed there’s like a flashing bar at the very top of the screen. I’m watching on WHDH and don’t get Bloomberg TV. It looks like it’s just a direct feed.

Just wondering what people think of it. I noticed there’s like a flashing bar at the very top of the screen. I’m watching on WHDH and don’t get Bloomberg TV. It looks like it’s just a direct feed.

There was probably not much value in a separate local and network production. WHDH ran their own local commercials. I think the Bloomberg production has been better than the mess CBS created, carrying only part of the concert and wrapping it tightly around the 10 PM national feed start. Since Bloomberg took over it seems to have a theme that is more true to the spirit of the holiday.

The Boston Pops Telecast was definitely an improvement over the last few years and certainly an improvement over the ghastly CBS production. Queen Latifah was somewhat disappointing IMHO, but the military vocal group that performed was amazing. I could have listened to them all night. The other vocalists, including Arlo Guthrie, were pretty good. There were one or two awkward technical moments, but then you will have that with live television. The production value was pretty high overall with some decent camerawork, although the two female hosts were strangers to that crowd and the local television audience. Switching between that and Capitol Fourth on PBS, I actually though that Capitol Fourth was quite as good as in recent years. Sure missed The Beach Boys. Host John Stamos was ok most of the time, but a few times when he tried to ad-lib and once between numbers, he looked a bit lost and awkward. All in all, not a bad night for both concerts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom