• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

2011: Year of the pirate

This was definitely a good year for those who couldn't afford to put up a station legally. Let's see, we had two of 'em in Mesa at 101.9; the first one playing obscure R&B, and later the second one re-broadcast Armin Van Buuren's "A State Of Trance" out of The Netherlands.

Then 96.5 in the West Valley (VERY strong on Bell between 114th and Grand), played an eclectic mix of AOR, B/EZ and a few oldies. I heard them on Bell just west of Grand yesterday and they played a Bee Gees-style version of "Comfortably Numb". Gotta luv them pirates.

Earlier this week I heard a very weak 99.1 in AJ re-broadcasting the Country Oldies Channel from aceradio.net. Was strongest near Superstition/Delaware. Is this a pirate too?

I think that "Bee-gee's" style "Comfortably numb" might be the one by the group "Scissor sisters" Ive heard that version and thought they sounded like that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom