• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

20-Star Guitar

E

elevator_opratr

"20-Star Guitar." I know very little about this group, band, studio musician(s), whatever it was, other than it was one of my very first flirts with beautiful music as a kid back in the late 70s and early 80s. I still have fond memories of my godparents coming to my parents' house on a nice Sunday afternoon for a cookout and games. My dad would proceed to the 8-track player and pop in his "box set" of I believe four cartridge tapes into the machine and we'd listen to an array of I'd say at least 100 soft guitar versions of 60s and 70s soft AC. I can still hear "20 Star Guitar's" version of "Top of the World" in my head, "Tie A Yellow Ribbon," and "Claire," among many others. The 8-track tapes long have since snapped from age, but fortunately, my dad dubbed them onto cassette tape before they broke, and I do believe the tapes are still at his house.

Does anyone have any memories of this "20-Star Guitar" group or anything about them? I assume it was one of those "Time Life" type box sets. <P ID="signature">______________

http://weatherwindow.blogspot.com</P>

> Does anyone have any memories of this "20-Star Guitar" group
> or anything about them? I assume it was one of those "Time
> Life" type box sets.

Don't know if this is the same, but check out the 2-CD set "Romantic Guitars" issued by the Good Music Record Co (catalog #139725-1/2).

BlueHen said:
> Does anyone have any memories of this "20-Star Guitar" group
> or anything about them? I assume it was one of those "Time
> Life" type box sets.

Don't know if this is the same, but check out the 2-CD set "Romantic Guitars" issued by the Good Music Record Co (catalog #139725-1/2).

I haven't been able to find a track listing for this "Romantic Guitars"/Good Music Record Co CD (or the CD itself). Can anyone provide any info about this CD? I have a lot of CDs called "Romantic Guitars" but not this one. I checked the catalog #s of all the ones I have. It sounds very interesting, though.

EdisonLite said:
I haven't been able to find a track listing for this "Romantic Guitars"/Good Music Record Co CD (or the CD itself). Can anyone provide any info about this CD? I have a lot of CDs called "Romantic Guitars" but not this one. I checked the catalog #s of all the ones I have. It sounds very interesting, though.

"Romantic Guitars" Good Music Record Co. (#139725) 2-CD set from 1994 performed by The Hill/Wiltschinsky Guitar Duo (Robin Hill, Pete Wiltschinsky)

Disc 1—Nights In White Satin/If/Walk On By/Annie's Song/When I Fall In Love/Etude In E (Theme For "So Deep The Night")/And I Love Her So/Girl/Faerie Queen/Air On The G-String/This Boy/Hello/Romanza/The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face/The Way We Were/And I Love Her/Cavatina/The Music Of The Night/Love Story/Michelle/Danny Boy/Fool On The Hill/Romance In D/Concerto No. 21 (Theme For "Elvira Madigan")/Autumn Leaves

Disc 2—Three Times A Lady/The Sounds Of Silence/The Long & Winding Road/Memory (from "Cats")/Here There & Everywhere/I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen/Yesterday/FÜR Elise/Norwegian Wood/Without You/Ave Maria/You've Got A Friend/The Greatest Love Of All/Windmills Of Your Mind/When You Were Sweet Sixteen/Mona Lisa/Something/Barcarolle/Step Inside Love/My Love's An Arbutus/Joy (Jesu Joy Of Man's Desire)/Song Without Words/A Groovy Kind Of Love/If I Fell In Love With You/Gymnopedie

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom