• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

2 R/AC's change names

Two CC Rhythmic AC's, both which had evolved outside of the format (WISX/Philadelphia and WWVA/WWLG/Atlanta) in recent months pretty much, have both changed names in the last 24 hours. 105.7/96.7 The Groove to WiLD 105.7/96.7 (Rhythmic CHR), and My 106.1 to Mix 106.1 (hot AC). No huge musical changes that I am aware of.

Makes you wonder what will be next, especially since Detroit and Miami seem to be toying with their formats last I heard. Sad for R/AC because Clear Channel seemed to do the best job with the format.

WISX has been leaning towards Hot AC ever since September when they added a bunch of rock tracks. This pretty much completes the evolution.

It's funny what changing the formats does... They went from being the lamest attempts at Rhythmic AC to one of the most unique sounding Hot ACs.

I liked the Rhythmic AC concept; unfortunately, very few stations have actually pulled it off well. I liked CC's attempts at the format much more than the MOViN stations...these name changes just make it official that these stations are no longer interested in being Rhythmic AC- that has happened at most stations that started out with the format.

I suspect WDTW will be the next Rhythmic AC (please, LOSE the disco ball) to change officially...ratings are not good there. Given that cluster already has an Urban, CHR, and AC, it might be more difficult for them to reposition entirely.

Last I heard, WKSL in Raleigh was one of the best R/AC's around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom