• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1575 Oldiestar Radio & 1017 TRT1 recieved

Hi folks, my computer has been (still is) buggered, so I haven't been able to log in much, as of late.

And, inspite of my adjusted work schedule, a couple of interesting catches have been made. Germany's Oldiestar Radio on 1575, was picked up Oct. 26th, while I've snagged Turkey's TRT1 on 1017 during the evening on Nov. 1st.

Looking forward to getting back on my machine and sending out the catches as they happen, but it looks like it could be a few more days yet.

Cheers!

~BG

Nice catches. I'll have to try for them tonight.

I was hearing 1134KHZ with a fairly strong signal last night; strong for the middle of the U.S., that is. I could hear the discussion, just don't understand Croatian.

Here in SW Ohio, a lot of the MW splits are linear with my locals ,or other strong NA MW signals, so I am limited as to what I have a chance at receiving.

Longwave is another story, as I usually have at least 1 readable signal on most of the commercial frequencies, subject to severe fading of course. Algeria, Ireland and Europe 1 have been the most reliable in the last few days.

We'd best enjoy it while we can, because reception like this may no longer be possible due to increasing sun caused electrical disturbances and, I believe peaking in 2013.

Icangelp said:
Nice catches. I'll have to try for them tonight.

I was hearing 1134KHZ with a fairly strong signal last night; strong for the middle of the U.S., that is. I could hear the discussion, just don't understand Croatian.

Here in SW Ohio, a lot of the MW splits are linear with my locals ,or other strong NA MW signals, so I am limited as to what I have a chance at receiving.

Longwave is another story, as I usually have at least 1 readable signal on most of the commercial frequencies, subject to severe fading of course. Algeria, Ireland and Europe 1 have been the most reliable in the last few days.

We'd best enjoy it while we can, because reception like this may no longer be possible due to increasing sun caused electrical disturbances and, I believe peaking in 2013.

Ya, I hear you, regarding the splits. There can be a lot of splatter around here in eastern Ontario, as well (like KDKA pestering the TRT signal).

And I suspect that these could be 'good old days' of DXing, sometime in the near future. :D

BTW, both Oldiestar and TRT are up again tonight (also getting Ireland on 252), if folks are trying to make a catch.

Happy hunting!

~BG

Conditions across the pond seem especially good tonight. For the first time, I'm getting discernible audio on both 1089 and 1215 (both from UK). No luck for me on 1575 or 1017 though...

kilokat7 said:
Conditions across the pond seem especially good tonight. For the first time, I'm getting discernible audio on both 1089 and 1215 (both from UK). No luck for me on 1575 or 1017 though...

I was in Germany last week and 1089 (sports talk from London) had its usual robust signal every night. This station consistently gets out very well. The only stronger London signal was 1548 (oldies) with 97kw, but directional to the southeast.

Hey, Cyberdad. Do you have longwave on your receiver?

I'm wondering if the lw sigs from Northern Africa and the Arab countries are strong in Europe and GB.

You probably already covered this, but can you hear any US/Can stations on MW?

Icangelp said:

I'm wondering if the lw sigs from Northern Africa and the Arab countries are strong in Europe and GB.

I can't speak for Cyberdad, but when I was in London many years ago I heard WCBS 880 just before London sunrise.

I was getting audio last night on 1134 from Zadar, Croatia. I have been getting the het on 1017 the last few days, as well as 603, 693, 747, 837, 873, 963, 1107, 1269 and 1377.

Icangelp said:

This was pretty much a pure business trip, so all I had with me was the SRF 37 (Walkman). Great little rig, but probably not up to transatlantic. I usually go across the pond twice a year....spring and fall. The spring trip usually includes a few days off....and more time for DX. So in the spring I usually also bring along the Yacht Boy 400, which includes LW.

I've personally never heard any transatlantic DX in the UK or Europe, although I know it's very doable. I stay in Mayfair, (Central London), which is a rather noisy place. I know Radioman148 has pulled off transatlantic from that area, but the best I've been able to manage has been Spain, Algeria, and Russia.

I too have an SRF-37 and really enjoy DXing with it, although it doesn't handle strong signals very well.

Stormy01, I didn't listen last night, but I had a faint signal on 1134 on Saturday evening. Ireland on 252KHZ was strong enough that I could understand clearly what was being said, and it was mixing with a french language station I assume is Algeria. No other longwave stations were making the trip.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom