• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1270 WQTT Possible Signal Change

Does anyone know if Delmar Communications managed to get the FCC to allow them to change 1270's signal? I worked at 1270 when it was WUCO in the 1990's and I can attest to it that during the daytime it was never heard east of Delaware, except when the transmitter was damaged and it had to remain on Night Pattern for a period of a couple months, till the directional signal was repaired after a lightning strike killed the day pattern. During the daytime, 1270 could be heard basically from Marysville to the Indiana line, only after about 6:00pm at night did we go on Night Pattern and broadcast toward Delaware and Columbus. On the weekends we used to cheat and stay on Night Pattern because of NASCAR and other sports programs so we could reach the Columbus market. When I worked there I lived all the way in the Fredericktown Knox County Area and would drive back and forth to Marysville 7 days a week. Back then I purchased a Select-A-Tenna from CCrane so that I could hear the station during the daytime before I went into work and then 1270 WILE was so strong that it would half the time using the Select A Tenna blur over 1270. Now I can hear Marysville clear as a bell from Mount Vernon in the daytime.

Back when I worked there we were located at 107 N Main Street in downtown and anyone walking by could see you on the air. Before computers, we usually signed off whenever the sports programs were over and on Sundays usually at 8pm or earlier. After I left they installed a voice tracking system that allowed for 24 hour broadcasting. As for voice tracking I see it two ways. On one hand, if used for overnight radio, it allows the station to have a semi-local broadcast 24-7 HOWEVER when it replaces live radio for reasons of simple greed, it is a tragedy. The radio business has been since about 2001 when the Internet, Satellite Radio, and other things began taking precedent constantly sacrificing Local Programming for Satellites, voice tracking, etc. The mess started with Bill Clinton (ROT IN HELL) who with the Gingrich Republicans (ROT IN HELL WITH BILL) passed this 1996 Telecommunications Act which allowed JACOR-CLEAR CHANNEL and others to buy up everyone in sight. This wouldn't have been a problem but Clear Channel being a corporation and corporations always looking for the path of least resistance began syndicating and voice tracking local live radio out of existence.

I feel sorry for anyone under the age of 30 who really except for College Radio, didn't get to really experience what live local radio was all about. When you can hear Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Mark Levin on every other radio station within 40 miles, fine broadcasters in their own right whom I respect, it really just isnt the same.

AN OLD DINOSAUR

Let me take a look at my local radio dial at noon and see how many stations are carrying Rush Limbaugh. There's only one. All of the other stations are carrying something else, and some, believe it or not, have what you say doesn't exist anymore. You all really want to hear some high school kid babble on and on about nothing on the radio? You think everyone else does? You think it's easy to find minimum wagers to DJ overnight for minimum wage?

Radio in the South is a bit different than in Ohio. Here there is much more syndicated talk radio saturation on the AM Dial. In fact within 60 miles in either direction I can in the daytime hear Rush on more than four stations. Now I don't mind that but my only complaint with syndicated talk is when EVERYONE gets in on the game and it begins to strangle out small town radio and local broadcasting. You can poo poo those dumb kids on the radio working for peanuts and making mistakes but guess what? Thats were EVERYONE started in the business, right at the bottom selling their soul for a single chance to crack the microphone. Within that pool of kids somewhere one in a million or ten million is the next Rush or Hannity or any other talker you want to put in there. As for overnight radio, Syndication and Voice Tracking was a godsend in many ways. The thing is it's relatively easy to find a kid who wants to be on overnight, but its almost IMPOSSIBLE to find one whose competent and will work hard at it. Back in the live overnight days, thats where you learned whether you wanted to do radio or not. Take it from someone who worked overnight, when you're living on mountain dew and cigarettes to keep that extra punch going, while it can be physically miserable on your body, it is also for a person who loves radio mentally exhilerating. Some people adapt to overnight work of any type i never did.

As for Southern Radio, in some places especially up in KY, you can hear bluegrass, gospel and crazy shouting preachers on the AM Dial. Don't know about the Knoxville market, but i know about the market in Middlesboro area.

I have fond memories of WUCO in that time. Really enjoyed their oldies format in the early 90s ... I remember hearing their local newscasts with Don Gabriel and they were even local at night with Bob Kennedy, who now goes by Bob Allen during the midday shift at WDLR. Living on the east side of Columbus then, I never heard them during the day where I lived but I do remember hearing WUCO as far west as St. Marys. I can't imagine that happening nowadays.
I want to say WUCO went off the air at midnight back then, but I also was asleep by then most nights so maybe I'm mistaken.
I don't think WQTT has run that day pattern in at least six or seven years. They've been on their assigned night pattern that entire time, which given that I enjoy their format is fine with me. I can't imagine WILE likes it too much; Marysville is on top of the frequency as far east as the middle of Licking County.
I am disappointed that WQTT has very little local programming anymore outside high school sports. The morning show is regional, as is Shawn and Kate, and they do have those Union County-focused morning shows, but the rest of the time it's jockless. They used to have Rick Rantz, Ian Graham and the Grand Dark Conspiracy overnight, but no more.

I lived in Ohio for years, I'm well aware of ths situation. You may be able to hear Rush on more than one station, but he is not on more than one station per market.; Columbus listenrs are listening on WTVN; Dayton listeners are listening on WHIO, Cincinnati listeners; WKRC, Cleveland...you get the drift. Most of those stations have at least one local host or program. People make the choice to listen. No one, other than people who used to work in radio, cares whether something on the radio is local or syndicated. They like it or they don't. WLW has managed to stay local, others not so much.

I remember WUCO coming on the air. It would have been possible to build a few FMs for what it cost to build that directional in the 70s

Yes I am well aware of markets and market boundaries. Just like how Arbitron only measures your market when in fact you may have literally MILLIONS of listeners outside that market (In the case of clear channel am stations) that you will never get credit for. I agree with you people do make the choice of what to listen to BUT the change thanks to Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich with the 1996 Telecommunications Act did affect radio negatively. It is much easier as a Program Director to use safe programming that is guaranteed to get good Arbitron ratings then take risks. Advertising revenue is GUARANTEED with major syndicated talk but with more adventurous programming, the possibility you're going to lose your shirt on the deal is high. Of course in rare circumstances you may hit Radio gold, but its far easier to stick to the tried and true.

I am not quite sure why they built 1270 WUCO the way they did and you're right economically FM would have made better sense. Back in the day you couldn't even hear WUCO east of Delaware before evening.

When I worked at 1270 WUCO we were a Sports/Country/Local interest format. Basically the station played Country Music, but it also did local broadcasts from Marysville events, especially the Union Co Fair. Normally the fair updates were taped, we didn't have a good Marti then. Right about that time cell phones were coming in, this was 1996 and this was a wonderful thing as it allowed for broadcasting High School Football games from as far out in the boondocks as you could imagine. We went on the air at about 5AM and were off the air when the Baseball Games or Football Games ended. In a normal music night we were on until 10PM. On Friday nights when I started there was a fellow from in Marysville who worked at Honda who did some DJ work on the side. He was well-known in Marysville and would do a Country Music show till late into the morning, I think around 2 to 3am. We had to abandon that show, because he had some sort of nervous breakdown and we never saw him again. Matt Allen, aka Matt Snipes was my Program Director and he was a warrior, practically lived at the station. Back then we were right on Main Street in Marysville right next to a bar. Years before they had been at a condemned house on RT 36 near the towers. For a good year and a half I drove about 150 miles round trip, I would have stayed at the station longer had i not had such a hell of a drive. When I started we were only on Night Pattern, because the towers had sustained lightning damage, it took months to get the day pattern back up and running again. I am surprised that Delmar is able to stay on the night pattern 24/7 I think its great for them. They must have gotten some sort of concession from the FCC to change the broadcast direction or else Delmar figures they can get away with it. For a long time I thought WILE had just went off the air and they were able to have the 1270 frequency outright. A little confession here, on the weekends when we ran NASCAR, we would stay on night pattern so that Columbus could hear the races.

I feel sorry for anyone under the age of 30 who really except for College Radio, didn't get to really experience what live local radio was all about.

I hate to point this out but there's a lot of live local radio even in Columbus. It really doesn't matter. If someone under the age of 30 wants to do a radio show, they can do it in their bedroom and put it on the internet.

Yes I am well aware of markets and market boundaries. Just like how Arbitron only measures your market when in fact you may have literally MILLIONS of listeners outside that market (In the case of clear channel am stations) that you will never get credit for.

That is just wrong.

Nielsen (the ratings company first call the American Research Bureau, ARB, and then Arbitron, was sold a number of years ago) measures all listening no matter to where the signal comes from.

You don't see this, because the Nielsen folks for a number of years have only "given away" the data for subscribing stations in each market. But subscribers see all the smaller stations, and loads of out of market stations. That's why an LA Spanish language station showed up nicely in a market in the Carolinas last month.

But the fact is that there is very little out of market listening except for very adjacent markets. Nielsen has a condition, called Minimum Reporting Standards (MRS) which set a very minimal number of PPM panelists or diaries for a station to actually qualify to show in a market, either the station's home market or a big station's farther off markets. If you get about a 0.1 share of listening in a PPM market, you are listed.

I agree with you people do make the choice of what to listen to BUT the change thanks to Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich with the 1996 Telecommunications Act did affect radio negatively. It is much easier as a Program Director to use safe programming that is guaranteed to get good Arbitron ratings then take risks.

I've been a programmer since the 60's and am still doing it. I can tell you that nothing I did changed how I served listeners after consolidation. Perhaps the companies I was with got more stations in more markets, but the challenge of finding appealing programming did not change.

Advertising revenue is GUARANTEED with major syndicated talk

That is not true. National talk is a hard sell, as is any controversial or opinion based programming. Many big advertisers have "no talk" or "no controversy" dictates for ad buys.

but with more adventurous programming, the possibility you're going to lose your shirt on the deal is high. Of course in rare circumstances you may hit Radio gold, but its far easier to stick to the tried and true.

You ignore the fact that, outside of small markets, stations research formats, talent and music to find out how something will work. But a significant percentage of format changes do not work, as competitors often adjust to fill any hole or market need that existed.

I am not quite sure why they built 1270 WUCO the way they did

It was built as a bad facility because a good one could not be built and still protect everyone on 1270. 1260, 1280, 1290 and 1250 that had to be protected.

This is true, internet radio has changed everything. The only downside of it is that it's often something you have to look for, its not like terrestrial radio where it went everywhere. The era of terrestrial radio before the mass change because of computers in the 1990's was something special, that will never come again.

David I am well aware of all of what you said. Now when you are talking about subscribers are you referring to IHeart or other online listening? Talk Radio is going to pull in the local car dealers and stuff like that like hotcakes, I wasn't talking about your major corporate advertisers, but locals love talk. As for Arbitron, I was obviously told the wrong thing when I was younger, because I remember being told that they couldn't measure out-of market listening very well especially for major AM stations.

Somehow you cut my quote there at the bottom. I know all about the directional signal, I worked at the station.

This was the entire quote
I am not quite sure why they built 1270 WUCO the way they did and you're right economically FM would have made better sense. Back in the day you couldn't even hear WUCO east of Delaware before evening. I never understood even while I worked there why they chose to build an AM over an FM I remember when I was there we had to protect Cambridge OH during the day and Detroit at night. I know where I lived I cant hear WXYT, but in that part of OH when the station signed off I remember Id go to my car and hear it booming.

I have never understood how Nielsen claims their stuff is accurate, I have yet to meet anyone who was on their radio list, we did tv once when I was a kid.

As for the 1996 Law, did it change all the small things about radio? No it didn't. However it did lead to a trend to make Cookie cutter radio stations, Clear Channel did this quite often. Yes its true bigger markets DO Experiment, but its also true that when you have a SURE THING, you go with the SURE THING. The downside of the 1996 Telecommunications act was allowing for the formation of monopolies. Monopolies can be either good or bad, depending on the situation.

David I am well aware of all of what you said. Now when you are talking about subscribers are you referring to IHeart or other online listening? Talk Radio is going to pull in the local car dealers and stuff like that like hotcakes, I wasn't talking about your major corporate advertisers, but locals love talk.

That used to be the case, but talk is becoming less and less attractive to local advertisers, perhaps in proportion to the polarization of the nation as a whole. Advertisers are afraid of offending the part of the community that does not share the perspectives of any of the very polarized talk hosts.

As for Arbitron, I was obviously told the wrong thing when I was younger, because I remember being told that they couldn't measure out-of market listening very well especially for major AM stations.

Likely what you were told was due to the fact that Arbitron measured local listening on a local market by market basis, and did not aggregate total audiences. So a station that had small audiences in many other rated markets did not have a way of combining the audiences in a single report and, in any case, would have had to subscribe to many markets to see the results.

I have never understood how Nielsen claims their stuff is accurate, I have yet to meet anyone who was on their radio list, we did tv once when I was a kid.

The math works out to any particular person being asked to participate in a survey about once every 80 years or so. The way any poll works is to talk to as few people as possible as long as the results are within certain defined margins of error. The cost of surveys is very expensive, so samples are kept low to avoid expenses that radio stations could not afford.

Validation of the process is done by doing replication studies. That means doing several parallel surveys of the same size to determine if the results will replicate over and over. The lowest level at which identical results occur is the optimum sample size. Arbitron published many replication studies, and some are at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Ratings_Publictations_Papers.htm

As for the 1996 Law, did it change all the small things about radio? No it didn't.

I interned in my first large cluster in 1963 (5 stations in the Hemisphere's largest market), and owned my own local cluster of 9 stations later in that decade. In both cases, it was a big challenge to make every station as aggressively competitive as possible. One of the advantages of having a consolidated cluster is that a group of profitable stations can afford, at times, to take a risk on a format or variation that would be too dangerous to do under a single station owner.

That's why, for example, in Cleveland in the late 50's and early 60's, there were 3 Top 40 stations, 3 MOR stations and two R&B stations... 3 formats in total. Today, there are many more stations and many more formats. Consolidation has actually expanded the number of viable formats.

However it did lead to a trend to make Cookie cutter radio stations, Clear Channel did this quite often. Yes its true bigger markets DO Experiment, but its also true that when you have a SURE THING, you go with the SURE THING. The downside of the 1996 Telecommunications act was allowing for the formation of monopolies. Monopolies can be either good or bad, depending on the situation.

A monopoly is, by definition, an entity that has a majority of the participation in an industry. No radio company has a monopoly today.

Music formats have essentially been clones and adaptations since Todd Storz did the first Top 40 in 1952. Sure, there were different jocks and different jingles, but the format was 90% the same from market to market... just as it is today.

Last edited:
The guys who owned WUCO in the mid 90s also bought WPTW in Piqua. They didn't have it very long.

The owner's specialty musta' been bad facilities. 1570 and daytime is about as bad as it gets.

As for the 1996 Law, did it change all the small things about radio? No it didn't. However it did lead to a trend to make Cookie cutter radio stations, Clear Channel did this quite often. Yes its true bigger markets DO Experiment, but its also true that when you have a SURE THING, you go with the SURE THING.

Its funny that people say two things about Clear Channel/iHeart: That they created cookie cutter stations, and when you point out how successful those stations are, they say that CC/iHeart didn't change the stations much from previous ownership. If you look at those two responses, you realize that they contradict each other. The fact is that CC/iHeart really didn't change the stations they bought. They bought those stations because they were successful, and they wanted that success to continue. However, over time, those stations evolved and changed over time. That would happen with any ownership, especially when you consider that Jacor or Nationwide or any of the major owners in Ohio were also big corporations. To assume that Jacor wouldn't have made the changes CC ultimately made ignores the kind of speculative company Jacor was. It also ignores the fact that some of Jacor's management went on to run CC.

I read a lot of comments from people about talent. Why don't we hear the kind of talent on the radio today that we heard 50 years ago. There are several answers. One is there are more opportunities for talented people than local radio. If you're talented, you want to get paid well. Local radio doesn't pay as well as syndicated radio or national TV. So the talent is pushing for more syndication and more opportunities. They want more money every year, and you reach a point where the money they want eats up your entire budget. That's how you end up with a station that only has one live & local show, and the rest is VT. Someone is getting all the money. Then, after they take all the local money, they want to be syndicated. That's where the syndication is coming from. Corporate is still paying for talent. Syndicated radio isn't free. The difference is the money is going to just one talent instead of 50. That's how Rush Limbaugh ends up getting paid $70 million. Imagine how many local talk hosts that money could pay. But it's all going to one guy, and he has a lot more impact than 100 local talk hosts. It's not that CC/iHeart doesn't have local talk hosts. They do, even in Columbus. But those local talk hosts aren't as famous as Rush, and they don't have the impact he has in terms of the national discussion.

My point of this is that while corporate gets all the criticism, it's not necessarily guilty for making the changes we see today in radio. The fact is the most of those changes were going to happen anyway, regardless of the 96 TCA, and regardless of who owns what. The difference is who those players are. Because before 1996, you had the growth and expansion of national radio syndication. The 96 TCA didn't create syndication. It just changed who did it. Prior to 1996, you had satellite delivered music formats from companies like TranStar, ABC, Satellite Music Network, and Westwood One. After 1996, those companies either were either replaced by local voice tracking, or were absorbed into one company. So it's not that everything was live & local before 1996. Because truthfully, the history of national radio goes back to 1926. Everyone knows that. National radio was a big thing in Ohio, thanks to WLW and Crosley. So the only thing that changed was who the players are. Today, national radio syndication, as it was known in the 80s and 90s, has basically dried up. It's been replaced by powerful local stations. You see it with the Entercom purchase of CBS Radio. What did Entercom buy? Lots of local stations with strong local talent, and no national syndication. CC/iHeart owns Premiere, which is the syndicator of Rush and Ryan Seacrest, but truthfully, the real asset is local talent. They aren't as famous as Rush or Ryan, but they exist, even in Columbus, and they're a big reason why iHeart owns several of the most popular stations in Columbus.

Big AA you're right. Before the 1950's when radio aired major shows such as Amos and Andy, it was essentially syndicated then. The era of the local disk jockey really took off after Television removed shows from radio and they had to replace it with something else, hence the era of the famous DJ. Satellites and automated Radio were things LONG Before 1996. in fact a station up the road was basically automated in the 1980's. I remember when I worked there, the old automation machines, which were all tapes were still in the large automation room. By then they were largely quiet and everything was on computer. The funny part about Satellite Radio was that I'd get calls asking for guys out of Texas on Satellite (EXCUSE ME ARE YOU JIM ZIPPO?) The thing that frightens me about the future of radio, talking as someone who worked in the business until my health sabotaged me, is that live radio, except for morning shows and afternoon drive have in many markets all but disappeared on FM. Its still around in many places but the cookie cutter thing is a little sad. Even as David said, in the 1960s even it could be argued that stations were basically similar because of formats, but with so many different jocks and style, everyone had their own niche. Thus you could have Cousin Brucie and Wolfman Jack playing the same oldies basically, but both with completely different approaches and personality.

I am painfully aware of the financial limitations of local radio and one major reason that we have all left out here is that in the past 60 years, the work ethic as a whole has changed. Whereas in 1970 or 1980 or even 1996 when I began, we were literally willing to starve for a chance at the microphone, few kids have that kind of dedication. They were raised in a world of RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW and thats definately NOT THE RADIO BUSINESS. Paying your dues is an indeterminate period. Some could hit in a year or two, others it may take a decade, while still more can labor 15-20 years to get into their good thing. If i told a kid this now HEY YOU MIGHT BE 10 YEARS CLIMBING THE STAIRS, they would be like THANKS BUT NO THANKS. Sad but true. I remember working 7 days a week often 12 hour days for chicken feed, just for a chance at that microphone. If my health was good, id do it all over again. Rather a starving DJ than a square.

If i told a kid this now HEY YOU MIGHT BE 10 YEARS CLIMBING THE STAIRS, they would be like THANKS BUT NO THANKS. Sad but true. I remember working 7 days a week often 12 hour days for chicken feed, just for a chance at that microphone. If my health was good, id do it all over again. Rather a starving DJ than a square.

You'd be surprised. A lot of kids today are doing exactly what you did. Here's the situation. The folks at Ohio State are still churning out kids with communications degrees. That hasn't stopped. It's actually increased. The difference is the skill sets those kids need today. Fifty years ago, there were basically three jobs in radio: Talent, sales, and engineering. Sure they also had secretaries and other office people. But those were the three main food groups: Talent, sales, engineering. If you didn't fall into one of those three categories, you didn't work in radio. That's not the case today. Today, OSU is cranking out kids with other talents. So you can work in radio, and not be one of the three main food groups. You might be in marketing. That's a sub-group of sales, but also incorporates some skills in talent and engineering, because you're doing social media and personal outreach. If you go to a concert, chances are you'll see a radio remote. The local DJ is probably not at the remote, either because it's too costly or the station uses VT. So who is at the remote? The marketing guy. He's there playing music, interacting with fans, handing out t-shirts, and promoting the brand. That job didn't exist 25 years ago. Now it's a stepping stone to other jobs in radio.

If you go to a communications school, the list of courses has changed in the last 20 years. In the 90s, you might see classes in on-air performance, where students are taught to write and read scripts. Today, radio is largely unscripted, and while performance is important, the uses for that skill is limited. So there's a growth is something called Audio Arts. I'm seeing it at a bunch of colleges. It's a hybrid course of study that includes some performance, some engineering, and some marketing. The people who come out of this department are your production people. They know how to use audio editing programs, and create those imaging bits you hear on radio. At one time, they might work in a jingle house in Dallas like JAM or PAMS. Today, that work can be done locally at the station. It's a creative job that involves some engineering, and also creates the local advertising spots, so it's an important job that is a great way to get started in radio.

Another area is in station services. This might be out-sourced news, weather & traffic. Those are important elements at any radio station, but often too expensive for one station. So over the years, we've seen weather & traffic services that do localized information, but not based at one station. That's an on-air job that might not be based at the station. It might not even be based in the area. It might be based at the state or the college, where they have DOT or NOAA resources that a station won't have.

But talent is still a big part of what drives local radio. So who is this guy Bobby Bones? He started in local radio in Arkansas and Austin. Someone thought he would be a good national country host. So that's what happened, and this kid who was raised on 90s radio is now a nationally syndicated radio host, doing things a bit differently than hosts in the 60s, but still engaging with listeners in ways that have been done for many years.

So those are just a few of the jobs that kids in colleges are training for. Even with all the cutbacks at radio stations, they still need people to do things. Those opportunities still exist. They may not all exist in every city. There are probably more radio jobs in the bigger cities than there are in Chillicothe. But there are jobs out there.

No you're right there's still plenty to do, the business because of voice tracking and whatnot has morphed and changed quite a bit but its still viable. The only part thats worrisome is that with less live small market radio, you get less real hard seat of your pants training as you did before, but I am sure internet radio is remedying that. I remember when I was starting out 1995, Ohio State was heavily criticized for their Communications DEPT, because the kids were basically trained, true, but few got to do real on-air and heavy duty studio work because there were so many of them. I knew one girl who passed her Communications Classes and never got near a real studio. She ended up going to broadcasting school afterward, because of the backlog at OSU. I'd love to do internet radio, its just the outlay of getting a basic mixing board, microphone etc that bothers me. If I had access to a real studio Id do it tomorrow.

By the way I absolutely DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT Begrudge the syndicated gents, in fact I like most of them. Again it depends on the market you are in as every market has different considerations. I live in the Mansfield/Mt Vernon/Ashland market. which is basically two markets that were combined into one. This is no longer the situation but when I worked at Ashland Radio we ran, 93.7 WQIO/ 1300 WMVO in Mt Vernon, 98.3 in Fredericktown 107.7 in Loudonville, 102.3 in Galion, and WNCO AM/FM in Ashland. Clear Channel bought all of those up and spun some off, but I remember at night, everything would be forwarded to the main base in Ashland and I'd check to make sure there were no problems with each station and I handled their phone calls.

As I stated when I started this thread I am an old dinosaur when it comes to radio and I'm not an old man. Living in the era with cart tapes and using actual tape and then transitioning to computers was a very interesting time, as you got a mix of the OLD and the NEW. Old radio is never coming back I realize that. Society and personal tastes have changed quite a bit since 1995, in my opinion FOR THE WORSE. I did a bit of everything. I always said that I didn't have to be Wolfman Jack or Rush Limbaugh, as long as i could just have my hands on a board and sit at the microphone. I also helped a little with television as well, usually just loading/unloading tapes but I have a tiny bit of familiaty with tv studios (EMPHASIS ON TINY). When I saw radio was transitioning, I decided to leave Ohio and try to enter broadcast news production in New York, but then the Epileptic Seizure crap sort of stopped that. The memories I have some good some bad, I treasure them. On Air is an exilerating rush, its like a drug.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom