• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1210 joins 1330

C

CAVEMANager

Looks like about a month ago 1210 went off the air, joining 1330. KEVT, over the past couple years has been leasing its facility to purveyors of liberal talk. My impression is that John C. Scott was the most recent lessee. I don't know what the rental rate was but it was obviously high enough that Scott and his associates couldn't pay it. Scott has a list of supporting sponsors who will follow him wherever he goes but those advertisers aren't enough to pay for 24/7 of operation. If I owned KEVT I would say that just about anything would be better than being off the air. I'd lease the station at a slight loss if that was what was required to keep the station up and running. Whoever operates the station next will have to start building from the ground up.

Meanwhile at night you can now listen to country music from Guymon, Oklahoma.

KEVT went off the air for at least several days about a month ago, returned to the air for a couple weeks, and has been off again for at least the past week.

I thought Jim Parisi did a decent job with the station as Powertalk 1210. He had a good balance of live & local talkers such as John C Scott, Forrest Carr , Jim Parisi, and Steve Kaas (although Kaas was not local). He also brought CBS News back to the market. When John C. Scott leased KEVT and put on a Progressive Talk format, the station (including John) took a hard left turn.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom